How to improve fpv distance?

Reaction score
Hello all
I currently have a fly sight 400mw tx and a black pearl both with standard antennas and loose fpv about 130m .
What can I do to improve this to lets say 600m?
Would a spironet antenna give me this much increase? Many thanks,
Shaun

pucka.costello said:
Hello all
I currently have a fly sight 400mw tx and a black pearl both with standard antennas and loose fpv about 130m .
What can I do to improve this to lets say 600m?
Would a spironet antenna give me this much increase? Many thanks,
Shaun

youtube fpv antenna upgrades..

but my thoughts are upgrade the stock whip antenna to ibcrazy clover leafs or mad mushroom.. and also consider a helical directional

jasonnelson007 said:
Fpvlr all the way. Just do a little research.

+1

There are many people using immersionrc 600 and black pearls getting well over 3000m, which batteries become the main problem. Have a look in the fpv section and you will find testing with different Ariel's makes all the difference

Personally I use the Horizion Nimrod on the phantom and Pearl with a Black Hawk on the pearl

Here you go, read the first few pages to see others have the same problem then skip to page 50

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8406&p=205670&hilit=horizion#p205670

Simon

I don't know if you thought about it. I didnt until yesterday.

Keep your parameters further away from each other.

Before I was loosing my wifi fpv at around 300m with a re-700.(equal to a re500) with the phantom set at a max range( radius) of 1000 ft. It might have been causing the breaking fpv connection I had before.

I reset my parameters for a 2000 ft. Range and took a full flight never loosing video this time.

( going into continuous capture)

I don't know if you thought about it. I didnt until yesterday.

Keep your parameters further away from each other.

Before I was loosing my wifi fpv at around 300m with a re-700.(equal to a re500) with the phantom set at a max range( radius) of 1000 ft. It might have been causing the breaking fpv connection I had before.

I reset my parameters for a 2000 ft. Range and took a full flight never loosing video this time.

( going into continuous capture)

If you flying P2 vision+ using wifi is fine but this a P2 non vision thread and using wifi is a no no due to the fact wifi and the P2NV use the same frequency 2.4GHZ

I followed Jason's lead and installed a Fatshark patch and a Fatshark clover leaf on my Blackpearl and the matching Flatshark clover leaf on my P2's video transmitter. I just flew it about an hour ago and got 1375 meters with the P2 before fail safe took over. The video was still pretty good though. Now I might have to upgrade the controllers radio. Living in the wide open country just begs for distance flying (within reason anyway). I'd like to go a mile without hesitation of my equipment's capability.
jk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl