How to get higher altitudes than 500m?

Just build your own quad. I had a similar need so built a DJI Flamewheel with a Naza 2 flight controller and was easily able to achieve over 1k meters. They are easy and cheap to build. Just search the web.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

As a pilot of human carrying aircraft, i doubt you fly only 120 meters above the hill tops? That is what i want to achieve. In other words, nothing worse than flying 120m over a football field.

I want to be able to follow the terrain, lets say 100 meters above the ground, up until 700m above sealevel , still not higher than 120m above the ground .

Has anyone asked the question if theFAA has regulated us to 120m why does DJI advertise there crafts can go to 3,000m and above?

120m is about 400 ft and yes, we do fly that low over hills/mountains on the odd occasion :)
Not scared about hitting an eagle? They can be 5 times as heavy as a Phantom 3. Or are they also limited to max 500m above the home point in the US ...;-)

Reactions: Philltayl
Has anyone asked the question if theFAA has regulated us to 120m why does DJI advertise there crafts can go to 3,000m and above?
I assume that number 3000 meters means above sea level in case you live or are going to a high-altitude location. Not above ground level.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So you could fly to 500m, stop the motors in mid air and then restart them and go a further 500m up. Anyone want to try that? I'll watch the video :eek:)
Love it man!
That made my day!

Rod

I would prefer to continue this discussion from a technical point of view instead of bashing each other with whats allowed or save or not.
Besides regulations and law, we all have our responsibility. I see ot more like bricking our phones, its not to damage anyone, its a simple challange.
Till now, no protection has not been cracked, why would DJI be the first one?, why would we allow them?
The drone is payed for, its my property, and in my opinion i can do whatever i want with it, as long as i do not hurt, or put anyone to danger.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would prefer to continue this discussion from a technical point of view instead of bashing each other with whats allowed or save or not.
Besides regulations and law, we all have our responsibility. I see ot more like bricking our phones, its not to damage anyone, its a simple challange.
Till now, no protection has not been cracked, why would DJI be the first one?, why would we allow them?
The drone is payed for, its my property, and in my opinion i can do whatever i want with it, as long as i do not hurt, or put anyone to danger.

If you have the skills and knowledge to unpick the P3 firmware/OS then go ahead and do it......:)

Nothing in the regs that says we can't...........:)

FAR part 91 section 119
c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

FAR part 91 section 119
c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

FAA regs don't apply in the UK/Europe and many other countries

When you fly above 400 feet you are putting other people in danger, and that is the main point , the whole point! the 96 regs passed by congress allows modelers to fly to 400 feet, the air 400 feet above you belongs to you, the modeler, above that belongs to commercial air flight, smack into something above 400 feet and see who is at fault, your a#% will be toast. what the h#%! is the matter with you people even having this ridiculous conversation, it is this crap that jeopardizes the whole modelling industry, gets you no fly zone apps, gets you registration requirements, gets you on the news and provides nothing but bad publicity for the industry. Want a visit from the feds keep posting crap like this.

When you fly above 400 feet you are putting other people in danger, and that is the main point , the whole point! the 96 regs passed by congress allows modelers to fly to 400 feet, the air 400 feet above you belongs to you, the modeler, above that belongs to commercial air flight, smack into something above 400 feet and see who is at fault, your a#% will be toast. what the h#%! is the matter with you people even having this ridiculous conversation, it is this crap that jeopardizes the whole modelling industry, gets you no fly zone apps, gets you registration requirements, gets you on the news and provides nothing but bad publicity for the industry. Want a visit from the feds keep posting crap like this.

A bit strong but correct.........With respect, the airspace up to 400' AGL does not belong to UAV's , all aircraft use it....:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4