How to get higher altitudes than 500m?

Launch half way up the mountain.
You get 500 meters from the launch point.
Or maybe if you wrap your drone in foil it won't be able to get GPS.

What about landing half way up, and resetting home? As long as RTH doesn't engage you won't have to climb to get it.

Hi,

I often start my flights at sealevel, and want to go up to about 700-800 meters elevation to get a look at the top of the mountains.

I know that its not allowed to go higher than 120 meters above the ground, and that is not what i want either. I just wanna go from sealevel to around 700m in los, to look on top of the mountains , still at the legal elevation limit .

The 500m max elevation is very limiting here in Norway.

SImpsons marathon had similar problem. Homer knocked the mountain top off planting flag, so he was then at the top.
Time to get some of your home made dynamite.......

Has anyone asked the question if theFAA has regulated us to 120m why does DJI advertise there crafts can go to 3,000m and above?

So a sherpa will buy one maybe. Why do corvettes go over 65 mph?
I figure the 3000m was air density limit where prop can't maintain lift. With a fudge factor so they won't get sued when the owner can't get above 2999m.

Yeah, i know thats one way to do it. But i wish it was possible to fly 120m/500m above the current position, not the takeoff point. It should be no problem for dji to use that feature, as the altitude can be calculated with very few sattelites (3, or 4)

They seem to be able to calculate airport altitudes without an issue, and airports expand and add runways way more often than mountains move.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl