how to get commercial license

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Ive been flying my drone with a hobby license and now looking to get my commercial license. I have potential clients that require me to have this. How do I get this, whats the cost, study guide, etc?

Thanks!
Manh

Hey, that's awesome, but wow do you ever have a lot of study and pertinent reading to do... ;-)
Let us know how it pans out. Golden. . .

Good luck. Have fun...

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Manh
Hey Guys,

Ive been flying my drone with a hobby license and now looking to get my commercial license. I have potential clients that require me to have this. How do I get this, whats the cost, study guide, etc?

Thanks!
Manh

Where are you located? That answer will mandate how the other answers are worded.

Hey, that's awesome, but wow do you ever have a lot of study and pertinent reading to do... ;-)
Let us know how it pans out. Golden. . .

Good luck. Have fun...

RedHotPoker
Thanks bro, I really hope it works out too!

Where are you located? That answer will mandate how the other answers are worded.
Hey,

Im located in San Francisco Bay Area. Ill most likely shoot in cities surrounding San Francisco and avoid San Francisco

Cool man...that seems a little pricey for me but ill take a look at that

If it is anything like studying for a private or commercial license all one would have to do would read the FAA rules regarding the pertinent license and buy a sample test book. No reason to spend big $. I am a licensed commercial pilot. Here is a link to learn from the government on the cheap

Safer Skies Through Education - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

Last edited:
Register for the test at:
www.catstest.com
Cost is $150. Some study material available at:
" + ttlms_connect.course_name + "

I was happy to see the second link here. Until I started going through the site & resized there's about a hundred links here and it's not real definitive on which parts are actually needed for the sUAS knowledge test.
Can anyone narrow it down a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try this site, sarahnilsson.org.

Hi Manh,

Here is a link to the FAA UAS site with details of what it takes to get a commercial license for your drone business:
Fly for Work/Business

If you currently have a pilot license, you can take the Part 107 test and get certified today. If you do not, you have to wait for the new Part 107 rules and testing to go in effect late Aug. You can use the FAA site to study for the test now, then when the rules go in effect you have to take the test at an official testing site. Once passed you will also need to be vetted through the TSA for security purposes. The link above should explain it all in detail.

Good luck!

If it is anything like studying for a private or commercial license all one would have to do would read the FAA rules regarding the pertinent license and buy a sample test book. No reason to spend big $. I am a licensed commercial pilot. Here is a link to learn from the government on the cheap

Safer Skies Through Education - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov
thanks bro that is exactly what I'm looking for. I don't need to spend big money. Im already in the film industry so i have somewhat a connection. Just need the license so they could hire me with a piece of mine

Hi Manh,

Here is a link to the FAA UAS site with details of what it takes to get a commercial license for your drone business:
Fly for Work/Business

If you currently have a pilot license, you can take the Part 107 test and get certified today. If you do not, you have to wait for the new Part 107 rules and testing to go in effect late Aug. You can use the FAA site to study for the test now, then when the rules go in effect you have to take the test at an official testing site. Once passed you will also need to be vetted through the TSA for security purposes. The link above should explain it all in detail.

Good luck!
thank you so much i appreciate this info! looking forward to get hired as a drone operator!

Reactions: Kentrol72
Hi Manh,

Fly for Work/Business

Good luck!
Sorry to repeat- but I've not gotten an answer :
Have you (or anyone) narrowed down which parts of this we actually need? I'm having a hard time narrowing it down. There's lots of info there that doesn't apply to us as sUAV pilots.

Hi Manh,

Fly for Work/Business

Good luck!
I don't think that current pilots can get certified yet either. The last time I looked, the IACRA site didn't have the application for a SUAS certificate (stated it was "coming")

As far as I know, everything in the part 107 course in the Safer Skies site is what will be testable when the rules go active late Aug.

Sent from my SM-N910V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Anyone can take the test, licensed pills can use the results for their testing requirements on their sUAS certificate application.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl