How to fix CFG - ERR in NAZA

Reaction score
My phantom blinks 4 yellow lights fast. I can't stop it, the compass isn't loose. When I connect it to the software I get no signal from my controller but just "CFG-ERR: Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters." I don't know how to calibrate my transmitter and I can't seem to find a video showing how to do so.

Please help me!!

marcus_canada said:
go to 01:50 on this video, it shows you TX Calibration. don't worry about anything else he tells you about changing other parameters as this is all part of him swapping to a Futaba. The TX Calibration is still relevant for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZNmSjauNJM

Thanks for the link, but my controller isnt showing up in NAZA so i cant move my sticks around to calibrate it

marcus_canada said:
Is your TX bound to the RX ok? I mean, does the thing fly or is it out of action entirely?
Now its just constantly flashing yellow, I can't fly it at all. I'm trying to reconnect the controller and transmitter, but I cant really tell if I'm following the instructions from the advanced manual correctly. Do you know if there is a video of someone doing this or is there something else I should do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYic0Z6fZ8w
Two issues You've lost link tween uav and remote controller. Relink as per youtube. That's what the orange lights are crying about. If you have the error message. You need to calibrate remote (You can't do that without a link tween uav and remote. (Sheesh). Once you're relinked or parhaps you've lost controller integrity. ? If not and you manage to relink, we need to get calibrated. There are two 2 ways of calibrating remote. One is where you hook remote to usb and connect to rc controller software. And toggling the remote with corrosponding reaction on software. Simple. That's how you calibrate the remote. Now you have to plug uav to computer and calibrate remote via uav software. That's gonna get rid of calibration error message. This calibrates the receiver end. (Your uav). Toggling the remote buttons with corrosponding reaction on screen. Follow prompts. This will likely flush the error message. Again. CALIBRATING REMOTE TWICE. USING SEPERATE SOFTWARE. RC CONTROLLER SOFTWARE AND YOUR PHANTOM SOFTWARE.

Drone flew away and hit the wall hard and crashed. Now, it is unable to fly and nor receive any commands from the transmitter.
CFG-ERR: Configuration error, followed all above instructions. But still won't work. The thing is that there is no red light blinking in Phantom 2 H3-3D.. can you please advise what to do then?

Drone flew away and hit the wall hard and crashed. Now, it is unable to fly and nor receive any commands from the transmitter.
CFG-ERR: Configuration error, followed all above instructions. But still won't work. The thing is that there is no red light blinking in Phantom 2 H3-3D.. can you please advise what to do then?

You say "Phantom 2 H3-3D". Why did you post in the P1 forum?

Regardless, it sounds as though your impact with the wall has broken a connection somewhere. You should probably open the Phantom and look closely at what is AND WHAT IS NOT connected.

Welcome to the forum mongol zaluu,
There is a Google search link in my signature which may help. Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.

Keep us posted. :D

Yes, I did look inside the drone, and it seemed just fine, all wires are connected, no loose wires and broken pieces apparently. what should i do now? I did everything from calibrating to looking inside and so forth. Please advice me on this guys!

Yes, I did look inside the drone, and it seemed just fine, all wires are connected, no loose wires and broken pieces apparently. what should i do now? I did everything from calibrating to looking inside and so forth. Please advice me on this guys!
Please answer my questions.

Which Phantom do you have, be specific?
What are the symptoms?
Does your Phantom connect to the NAZA assistant?

Please explain what this means:
"The thing is that there is no red light blinking in Phantom 2 H3-3D.."

If you answer my questions, I or We may be able to help.

Mine is Phantom 2 H4-3D, with GoPro.
It crashed, i checked up everything from inside, no loose wires or anything. But it does not receive any command from the controller. When I try to calibrate using P2 software, it shows the following error /CFG-ERR/

I am thinking, it lost connection or something and unable to recognize the controller, therefore not working at all. I don't think NAZA software works, because I never had any need to use one. P2 worked just fine previously. Now when I try to connect P2 software, it just wouldn't respond except for /CFG-ERR/ error message.

The video that is posted here,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
where you have to find the red LED blinking under the right side of the phantom. I have actually followed all the steps, but mine does not have any red LED blinking under the right side of the phantom.

Mine is Phantom 2 H4-3D, with GoPro.
It crashed, i checked up everything from inside, no loose wires or anything. But it does not receive any command from the controller. When I try to calibrate using P2 software, it shows the following error /CFG-ERR/

I am thinking, it lost connection or something and unable to recognize the controller, therefore not working at all. I don't think NAZA software works, because I never had any need to use one. P2 worked just fine previously. Now when I try to connect P2 software, it just wouldn't respond except for /CFG-ERR/ error message.

The video that is posted here,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
where you have to find the red LED blinking under the right side of the phantom. I have actually followed all the steps, but mine does not have any red LED blinking under the right side of the phantom.

I have asked for your thread to be moved to the P2 forum. You will get better help there. :)

I think the Receiver daughter board is damaged or has come loose from the crash.
If you pull out the battery, you can see a small board that has the 2 antennas to go down to the legs. It's rare for your phantom to unpair from the remote unless you tried to bind another one to it.

I had another pilot with the same issue. He couldn't pair the phantom no matter how many times he tried. When he pull apart the phantom, the board receiver board was loose.

I'm having (I think) the exact same issue.

The TX seems to bind just fine. I've pushed the reset button several times, and rebound the controller... I have no blinking or solid red light.

I've completely replaced the receiver daughterboard, and all the motors.

I've opened the controller and calibrated it directly via the RC Assistant software.

But when I connect the Phantom Assistant to the Phantom, I'm unable to calibrate the sticks there.

All I get are fast (rear) yellow lights in NAZA mode, if I switch back to Phantom mode the lights are a bit slower, but still constant.

Start up lights look perfect. Goes through the warm up, but then goes to the blinking yellow.

Can't get the motors to start, or calibrate in any way.

Phantom Assistant pops up with CFG-ERR "Configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters."

I did upgrade firmware everywhere to the latest.

At my wits end.
Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry... this is a Phantom 2 Vision... so probably the wrong forum... but this does seem to be the same problem.

Last edited:
With the RC controller and the P2 both on the LED on the P2s receiver board should green and if you shut the RC controller off the LED turns red. If that LED isn't working (green or red) at all the receive board is either broken or disconnected from the naza module.

Thanks Jason!

The LED is red when the controller is off, but there's no green when the controller is on... LED is just unlit. So that's something.

Still... the daughterboard is not broken... it's brand new, just installed (plus I had the same symptoms with the old board).

The two leads are definitely connected to the MC. I thought I took good notes as to how everything was connected, but maybe I plugged it into the wrong ports. Right now, the cable to the frontmost header on the daugherboard is connected to X1, the rear header connected to X3... does that seem correct?

Possible that X1 and X3 on the MC are blown somehow?

Thanks Jason!

The LED is red when the controller is off, but there's no green when the controller is on... LED is just unlit. So that's something.

Still... the daughterboard is not broken... it's brand new, just installed (plus I had the same symptoms with the old board).

The two leads are definitely connected to the MC. I thought I took good notes as to how everything was connected, but maybe I plugged it into the wrong ports. Right now, the cable to the frontmost header on the daugherboard is connected to X1, the rear header connected to X3... does that seem correct?

Possible that X1 and X3 on the MC are blown somehow?

Are you placing the RC between 1 to 3 feet away from the P2 when going through the linking process?Here is a photo of the receiver board wire connections to the Naza module.
IMG_3615.jpg

Are you placing the RC between 1 to 3 feet away from the P2 when going through the linking process?Here is a photo of the receiver board wire connections to the Naza module.

Oh. My. God. That was it, Jason. I was hyper-vigilant about noting all the connections before I took things apart, or so I thought. But I had X2 and X3 reversed. Switched the leads over, and I finally got green lights. Calibrated the sticks, calibrated the IMU, calibrated the compass, got good GPS lock, and I was back up in the sky.

Thank you soooo much. That photo was perfect! Just what I needed.

The original daughterboard even works. So now I have a brand new receiver that I don't need. Oh well, at least it wasn't too expensive.

Reactions: drons
I came down stair early this morning and said to myself oh what hell lets open the shell I did is just for you. But while it was opened i took a few more photos and stored them for others who have problems.
So you well come go out and enjoy the weekend and stay away from tree as quad are there favorite food.

Reactions: drons
I came down stair early this morning and said to myself oh what hell lets open the shell I did is just for you. But while it was opened i took a few more photos and stored them for others who have problems.
So you well come go out and enjoy the weekend and stay away from tree as quad are there favorite food.

Old post, but helped me with the same error as all above X1 and X2 was placed in wrong order by an old owner who sold phantom to me, and thanks to your picture its back to life ones again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31