P3 Firmware How to downgrade Standard Firmware using the new go app? (FW 1.7.9 nightmare)

Reaction score
Hi all,
After upgrading my Phantom 3 Standard to 1.7.9 a few weeks ago, i took my phantom out of its case today as i finally had time to fly. I now have a range of about 80 meters :( thanks to the new firmware, and before i upgraded i could get to about 1.4 km with it (with Magic Range software mod, no hardware mods)

I have followed the instructions here (Link) to try and downgrade, but it does not seem to be working with the new go app.
Also, what would is the best firmware version to change to?

Cheers

Hi Cameronb1

I´ve been testing with fw updates on the standard and from my experience, since that last update (1.7.9), i was unable to downgrade to ANY previous version by the sdcard method.
The TXT on the sdcard ALWAYS states that the latest firmware does not allow a downgrade.
All seems to work fine for me with 1.7.9 fw, but it seems they locked that possibility for us, p3 standard users/pilots.

If anyone else has a different experience, plz share, thx.

Last edited:
try manually downgrading
Have tried, does not work. It seems you can only downgrade one version back. This must mean the the firmware flash does not reset everything as thought, as the craft seems to remember that it has been downgraded once already

Have tried, does not work. It seems you can only downgrade one version back. This must mean the the firmware flash does not reset everything as thought, as the craft seems to remember that it has been downgraded once already
my 1,7 90 was A1

I am having serious problems with the new update even losing control of the drone and does not return to home. I am so disappointed with the update. Before I reached over 4500 ft away and now lags so bad at just 300 ft flying in the same exact area as before how can I downgrade to the last firmware please

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Has 1.7.9 actually helped anyone?

1.7.9 doesnt seems friendly to me also... The video feed during recording is killing me compared to 1.5 with papatita mod. Now im stuck on how to downgrade back with 1.5.
Tried the manual but doesnt work.

Update to my original post:

After several flights with the update to 1.7.90 from 1.6.8 (by sdcard method), both NOT displaying the fw version on the Djigo app (N/A), today i got the red banner, i updated with zero problems the p3s, the remote and 2 bateries.
Dji go app now displays everything correctly.

Cheers all

Sent from my Y635-L21 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Update to my original post:

After several flights with the update to 1.7.90 from 1.6.8 (by sdcard method), both NOT displaying the fw version on the Djigo app (N/A), today i got the red banner, i updated with zero problems the p3s, the remote and 2 bateries.
Dji go app now displays everything correctly.

Cheers all

what version you're using for go app? im running with 2.8, the video recording feeds cut off around 280m distance with an altitude of 70m.

Hello again

I have a stock machine, no mods.
I live in Portugal, in the EU, where the estimated distance is limited by half, compared to, for ex. America. 500m Vs 1 km.

However, i usually get around 850-900m distance, 350m altitude in open field flight.
When i add a windsurfer directional antenna "amplifier", sometimes i get 1200-1300m, which i don't find bad for a p3s in the price range it is.

Cheers friend

Reactions: kid joe
Hello again

I have a stock machine, no mods.
I live in Portugal, in the EU, where the estimated distance is limited by half, compared to, for ex. America. 500m Vs 1 km.

However, i usually get around 850-900m distance, 350m altitude in open field flight.
When i add a windsurfer directional antenna "amplifier", sometimes i get 1200-1300m, which i don't find bad for a p3s in the price range it is.

Cheers friend

wow... not bad for your p3s. i use to fly mine around 700m distance without any problem using the 1.5.7fw + 2.8 app + papatita mode flying @ southeast asia (CE unit).
when i upgraded to 1.7.9, i can only have a distance of 280m max then the video recording turn off. the said fw will not downgrade back to 1.5.7 & doesn't run with the mod already.
hope this will be fix coz i've read lots of negative about this version.

Reactions: vekthor
Hi

One thing i noticed with 1.7.90 is that there are more warnings related to interference, and GPS number of satelites is more...conservative.

As for the range, when i fly in wifi, electrical, 3g/4g, microwave infested zones a k.a = city, my range drops, which is normal.

Even pilots with lightbridge equiped machines suffer sometimes ;)

hey guys... ok Im a new owner.... I was able to complete the update to the p4 and having trouble with the controller update... any advice?

once i did this update, my signal has gone to hell. using argtek antennas, connections verified and checked several times. my rc right next to my phantom 3s has 3-4 bars of signal. granted i'm checking this inside my home as its very cold outside, but right next to my drone should have full signal. i triggered an rth because of lack of signal today at a place i have no problem reaching. i updated the firmware via the dji go app version 3.1.1. drone firmware 1.7.90 is screwy, at least for me with my RC signal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic