P3 Firmware Phantom 3 Standard won't link to RC

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here so I appreciate any help.

I recently purchased a used Phantom 3 Standard through EBAY (no camera / gimbal / SD card). I still have my old Phantom 3 Standard RC.

Unfortunately I can't link my "old" RC to my "new" Phantom 3 aircraft. My DJI Go App says my app is running version 3.1.66 and my aircraft is running 1.7.90. Maybe this is a simple firmware issue? If so, where can I download the latest DJI Phantom 3 Standard firmware (v1.9.20)? I can't find it online and my app seems updated.

To link the RC I followed the steps listed here. These steps get me most of the way there but the 60-second link countdown expires, even after I hit the link button on the aircraft (link light continues to remain red). Currently my front two wing lights are solid red and and my back two lights are blinking yellow.

Any ideas for best next steps?

Hi, I'm new here so I appreciate any help.

I recently purchased a used Phantom 3 Standard through EBAY (no camera / gimbal / SD card). I still have my old Phantom 3 Standard RC.

Unfortunately I can't link my "old" RC to my "new" Phantom 3 aircraft. My DJI Go App says my app is running version 3.1.66 and my aircraft is running 1.7.90. Maybe this is a simple firmware issue? If so, where can I download the latest DJI Phantom 3 Standard firmware (v1.9.20)? I can't find it online and my app seems updated.

To link the RC I followed the steps listed here. These steps get me most of the way there but the 60-second link countdown expires, even after I hit the link button on the aircraft (link light continues to remain red). Currently my front two wing lights are solid red and and my back two lights are blinking yellow.

Any ideas for best next steps?
Try a manual link process..
Screenshot_20200902-115715_Google.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t have a P3S, but if I recall correctly it won’t link without the gimbal / camera. It will fly without them but only after it has already been linked with them.

I can’t say that’s 100% but it feels like that’s right.

Anyone who knows for sure, please confirm or correct. I’d just do a search of the forum, but I’m watching a movie with my wife and don’t want her to catch me on my phone.;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I don’t have a P3S, but if I recall correctly it won’t link without the gimbal / camera. It will fly without them but only after it has already been linked with them.

Anyone who knows for sure, please confirm or correct. I’d just do a search of the forum, but I’m watching a movie with my wife and don’t want her to catch me on my phone.;)
Welcome to the forum!

After digging around, I believe you're correct (unfortunately!). The RC won't link without the gimbal / camera, unless the RC was linked prior to the removal of the gimbal / camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav