How many have had no major issues of flyaways?

Reading this forum can downright scare a new owner, and I realize we see the number of posts on people with problems because they come here looking for help, but how many people, if you had to guess a percentage, have purchased the DJI PV2+ and have owned one since they were released have had no serious problems? I'm thinking its higher than I'm getting the impression of. Or am I wrong?

Clear skies,
Joel

Hello !
I am using mine Phantom 2 Vision plus and no problems here in Finland.
DJI00201.jpg

Had around 10 flights with my P2. Yesterday went to a new location, only about 8 miles from home so didn't re-calibrate.

Take off point was near some low volt power cables but I wasn't too concerned as I would be flying away from them over some fields. I waited for GPS lock and green flashing LEDs. Flew fine for around 8 minutes, then with the P2 around 400m away it became unresponsive and flew away. Unfortunately my FPV screen battery had died so I had no idea of orientation either. Flicked to return mode but no change on the P2. So turned off my controller, and fortunately the P2 stopped, and then came back to home.

I then moved around 200m away from the power lines and popped in a new battery. Took off (after green LEDs) and flew around within 40m. After around 5 minutes it wouldn't hold position, and needed almost full right stick to hover. Then noticed all 4 legs had solid red LEDs. Managed to land and called it a day.

Will try again tonight, back at local field and will re-calibrate compass too.

Fingers Crossed......

I have had my Phantom 2 Vision plus since March 2015 and had no problems. Before I got one I watched all the horror video clips on YouTube, and then made myself a checklist which I stick to. I do a check of the surrounding area before take off ..... and then double check it all again. I never talk to people while flying, but I will once I have landed. When I am finished for the day I then double check all my gear before leaving for home. Get yourself a routine and if it works well....STICK TO IT ALWAYS. Safe flying guys and enjoy your hobby.
Regards Ian.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4