How many have had no major issues of flyaways?

Have enjoyed my P2V+ for two months now, with many flights. No problems. Great machine, have taken lots of fantastic photos. Never take off with less than 6 sats. I find that the web site http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com is extremely useful in determining whether I'll get adequate satellite reception for any specific time.

Same, had mine couple of months flys great even with newest firmware.

:D

I was going to ask this question myself!

Had mine now for 2 weeks/20 flights or so. no problems at all. I had bought a Hubsan to practice on in the months before and am used to controlling it easily.

Although, my buddy did report a strange issue yesterday when he had it - he was landing and the down-wash (or whatever it's called) kicked up lots of dust and grass etc and the Phantom suddenly flipped over. No damage, just strange. I reckon a piece of debris knocked out a motor or something. Must learn that 'hand grab' technique of a previous poster.

But aside from that, nothing else. Love it!

Hi ...

I have my Phantoms (1x Phantom and 1x Phantom 2 Vision) since almost 1 year ... Looking into the battery discharge counter I did more then 110 flights in that time ...

No issues at all ... because:

- I read the Manual and the Release Notes
- I inspect my devices with a short prefight check
- I ensure all the time that I have my Switches set correctly before I start
- I am Patient with the device and wait for the GPS lock all the time
- I am not doing (sorry) stuiped Range and Altitude tests

If you follow These simple rules you will be a happy chap ...

Have had mine a couple of weeks after release and have had no issues with flight or video downlink with 60+ flights also had a P2V with over 100+ flights and had no issues.. Also I keep mine updated with the latest firmware and am also using the Vision Booster App ..

Jeremyconk...your still photos are awesome, beautiful pics!

I'm one of the newest flyers/members here and as well as a total amateur with flying any type of RC UAV. With that said, I've now had 5 flights and no major issues with my PV2+. The bird responds great and swiftly to the controls, but then again, I've only taken it about 50 metres distance and about 20 meters high so far. I've seen no signs of loss of control or odd behaviours yet in Phantom mode. That's all I can say at this point.

i have 2 phantom 1's about a year old. the first had small issue DJI stepped up and took care of me and my second phantom has been flawless. over 200 flights on both.

I had a Phantom Vision that "flew away".... And I was really Pissed.... But after I calmed down I realized that It was 100% pilot error... I took off before I had a home lock, and satellite location.. I was anxious to fly, and it was all ME....
So I waited and bought the Plus model when it became available... AND I LOVE IT !!

Follow a checklist before lift off, and don't push your limits, and these are amazing machines...

Here are a couple images from yesterday...
Nice

Have had mine a couple of weeks after release and have had no issues with flight or video downlink with 60+ flights also had a P2V with over 100+ flights and had no issues.. Also I keep mine updated with the latest firmware and am also using the Vision Booster App ..

What is the full name of the Vision booster app on app store?
I searched for vision booster but found a couple.

You're apparently talking about the software boost that increases the mw power of the FPV transmitter on the Phantom. The one I have is called Phantom+ Booster but I never use it since I always use Litchi and Litchi already has it in their app. Be wary of the transmitter overheating, especially when using it on hot days or long runs.

Owned mine for 3 months so far and zero issues. Love the thing it is tons of fun to fly. I always do a compass recalibration on every flight only takes a few minutes and I feel better. Also make sure you have good GPS signals before taking off.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Don't want to hijack the thread, but this has to do with drone operation and fw, so its sort of on topic. Does the litchi app use any part of dji go, or is it stand alone? And does litchi constantly update their app like dji does? There is so much on here about fly aways and software problems, I'm thinking 19.99 might be worth it to get away from dji fw.

I bought my P2V+ about a year ago. No issues at all and I have opened her up quite a few times for mods and stuff. I did a stupid thing about a month ago where I used auto take off in Litchi and I forgot about the S1 switch to get out of it. My quad was stuck in the air 20 feet up, unresponsive. I got a pole with a rag on it to drag it down. I called it the opposite of a flyaway. I'll NEVER forget the S1 switch again!

I had one "try" to fly away most probably because started to take off without enough satellites. Take it back down immediately by switching off the motors while flight but in only 2 m height. Fortunately no damage. For the rest of more than 220 flights no problem.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've had 40-50 flight with my P2V+, with no flyaway issues. Key points for me are;

• Set it up so you can put it into ATTI mode (and practice in this mode) if required, so if you do have a flyaway due to GPS errors you can regain control.
  • Always calibrate the compass at a new site.
  • Always wait for Home point to be set.
  • Know what the LED sequences & combinations mean.

Last edited:
I think you mean home point, not home lock. But, yes. Not only do you want it set, but you want to be sure it is set correctly (and not 14 miles away).
smile.png
smile.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl