How many people have never had a crash?

Reaction score
I'm relatively new, only done 7 small short flights so far, and all ok. But that got me thinking, I read so many posts and see YouTube clips of crashes - is crashing your drone inevitable eventually?

Who has never crashed, and how many flights have you done?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm relatively new, only done 7 small short flights so far, and all ok. But that got me thinking, I read so many posts and see YouTube clips of crashes - is crashing your drone inevitable eventually?
The reason you read about crash incidents is that it's not very interesting to post that you've had a safe and incident free flight (just like the last 1 or 2 hundred)

Reactions: 185EZ
I had a cheap drone before I got the P3. Crashed it every time I flew it. Some not too bad, but crashes none the less. When I got the Phantom, I expected to crash. I didn't. 75 flights and no crashes. It flies like my motorhome drives, you have to be really doing something stupid to crash. I even went to bed one night and it got so windy I woke up and thought I was moving down the highway. I travel alone, so I was a little startled. You probably wont crash it if you use good sense flying it.

Reactions: rene van der meer
I am up to about 100hrs on drones, 250 hrs 1;1 aircraft. I have scraped a couple of propellor tips on concrete early on, landing in high winds, but since then, I always catch. Dumped the p2v+ into long grass one day when it suddenly went to ATTI & stayed there. No damage . I have a p2v converted to a fishing drone & 2 x p3a.

Last edited:
Does tipping over count as a crash???

Who has never crashed,
running jack.gif

Reactions: gringorio and 185EZ
Does tipping over count as a crash???
I hand catch also..
My first flight with the PV2+ back in May 2014 tipped over as I didn't give it enough stick on take off. That was my only incident.
The P3 doesn't tip over as it has more thrust...

My Standard has 190 flights and 2,098,288' . Never any issues . Hand catch always but that's just from habit .
My P2V has hit so many times I can't remember . My fault except for 2 times .
I just like to fly it like I stole it .

50 ish flights and lost a carbon fiber prop tip (chipped) hit a branch but ft consider this a crash.

EDIT
100 flights still no crashes or emergency landings.

Godspeed

Last edited:
Still new at this. 30 flights, roughly 3hrs flight time and about 30mi flown. Two birds. Zero crashes.

Even my 9yr granddaughter flew the P3P (takeoff, flight and landing) so she already got her solo ticket.

Reactions: gringorio

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues