How many flying hours before my engines fail or need replacement

Reaction score
After reading about Southwest plane engine failure, what is the longevity of my P4 engines?

what is the longevity of my P4 engines?
DJI has not documented this anywhere. Whatever the number, your P4 will likely be long gone and forgotten before you reach it.

After reading about Southwest plane engine failure, what is the longevity of my P4 engines?

The only moving/wearing parts are bearings. They’re pretty reliable these days so expect hundreds of hours of operation from them.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yeah. But. From that page... ;-)

“However, technically, the two words have different meanings. An engine is a device that burns or otherwise consumes fuel, changing its chemical composition, whereas a motor is a device driven by electricity, air, or hydraulic pressure, which does not change the chemical composition of its energy source.”

This is like the difference between a rocket and a missile. The same "wording" wise, but different technically. Man have I ever been through that argument before, and I'm not about to go there again. ( Although Technically I was correct )............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Jim Canada
I don’t cling to such discrete nomenclature.
Ever heard of a GPS engine?

How does GPS work?

Reactions: DKG13CC
Arggg.....LOL.......
Beat me with a stick.gif

Reactions: captainmilehigh
technically the original motors should last the life span of the drone, the motors biggest enemy is sad/grit. Blades on the other hand need to keep an eye on them as its them that will let go at the wrong time

Granted they have a different mounting scheme... but my P2s ‘blades’ are 3+ yrs. old.

Note: They’ve ever struck anything but air and flying insects and don’t see any reason for them to fail from normal use.

Reactions: infinite
Granted they have a different mounting scheme... but my P2s ‘blades’ are 3+ yrs. old.

Note: They’ve ever struck anything but air and flying insects and don’t see any reason for them to fail from normal use.
well for the cost of blades are you willing to risk it, they are under the most stress and strain

Last edited:
well for the cost of blades are you willing to risk it

Risk what?

Been flying r/c aircraft for over 4 decades and I’ve experienced just about every type of airframe and equipment failure.
Never a prop though.
Can you cite a specific failure not attributed to trauma or negligence?

Reactions: chazzm
Risk what?

Been flying r/c aircraft for about 4 decades and I’ve experienced just about every type of failure.
Never a prop though.
Can you cite a specific failure not attributed to trauma or negligence?
not going to argue for god sake dont care how long you have been flying or was that you just trying to make a pathetic point

You risk loss with every flight. Props are way down on the ‘likely’ list.

i was a ground to air missile operator i know what fails in flight due to stress and trains

How many props have you had fail on your Phantom(s)?

Just curious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72