How long does it takes to render and export videos from P3P?

Reaction score
I'm just curious about it, this past 2 days I've being recording, last night I sat and started editing, when rendering it said that would last 4 HOURS! I don't know if it takes that long to render (1080 60fps) a 4 minute video with color correcting

If you have suggestions on how to edit and how to export video would be appreciated

my video settings are pretty similar to this guy:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It totally depends on your render settings and your computer.... there are a few things to help, but that is the base line answer

Based on you limited info I'd say it's your computer, I can render a 5-6 minute video in about 15 minutes at 1080/60fps, shooting with same settings. What are you capture (Phantom camera) settings? If you are going to render/export at 1080/60fps then do not capture at any more than that.

YouTube likes 30fps apparently... so I do not shoot at more than 30fps for YouTube stuff and that will speed up the rendering A LOT.

OS, RAM, CPU, graphics card, software, correction/effects... a LOT of variables.

4 hours for 4 minutes sounds ridiculous though...

With FCPX a 10 min clip exports in less than an hour.... a lot faster on the Mac Pro.

Based on you limited info I'd say it's your computer, I can render a 5-6 minute video in about 15 minutes at 1080/60fps, shooting with same settings. What are you capture (Phantom camera) settings? If you are going to render/export at 1080/60fps then do not capture at any more than that.

YouTube likes 30fps apparently... so I do not shoot at more than 30fps for YouTube stuff and that will speed up the rendering A LOT.
OS, RAM, CPU, graphics card, software, correction/effects... a LOT of variables.

With FCPX a 10 min clip exports in less than an hour.... a lot faster on the Mac Pro.

Tomorrow I'll shoot @ 1080p 30fps and see how it goes from there, I'm gonna use color correction in premiere cs6 as I'll be recording video as the guy on the video at the start of this post

I have a Haswell 3ghz i5 system. 5 minutes of video captured at 1080P 60fps, pulled from a 15 minute take, with modest transitions between clips takes me about 12 to 15min to render an mpeg4 file.

Make sure the output settings are close as possible to the original - I've noticed any kind of change to size or FPS slows things down considerably.
If you make several adjustments especially applied in layers it is going to take a while even working with 1080p - just leave it while you do something else.

Hi! My post from a previous thread as the specs mean fast processing speeds:

Lots of love for PC out there! I use a custom built PC which was around $1000. I find custom built PCs offer the best value. Plus, you can push the specs up and choose from a range of brands when it comes to RAM etc. I would go for an i7 chip and the best graphics card you can afford that will handle 4K. As for RAM, I would look at 32gb ideally. In terms of cooling, I have two fans and one is part of a Corsair Hydro cooling system. It's not silent because of my spec, so you may want to look into that. I use Windows Pro 64 bit and this boots from an SSD which means I can turn it on and be working on a document in around 20 seconds - VERY important to me as the time this saves is phenomenal.

UK

non sense.

render time is related with many variables such as below.
computer specs
render software and codecs
input video resolution
input video fps
input video bitrate
how many layers you work within the project
transitions
effects such as sharpening, slow motions etc
image processing tweaks
output video settings and compression ratio
how many bypasses you have when you render it out

so to say 4 hours for 4 minutes is ridiculous is little bold. I have 3 minute clips rendered 8 hours, and I have a power pc with dual ssd, 16gb ram i7 etc etc .

non sense.

render time is related with many variables such as below.
computer specs
render software and codecs
input video resolution
input video fps
input video bitrate
how many layers you work within the project
transitions
effects such as sharpening, slow motions etc
image processing tweaks
output video settings and compression ratio
how many bypasses you have when you render it out

so to say 4 hours for 4 minutes is ridiculous is little bold. I have 3 minute clips rendered 8 hours, and I have a power pc with dual ssd, 16gb ram i7 etc etc .
Read the OP... 1080p with simple edits and colour correction.

As i said a lot of variables but 1080p source and nothing fancy in post 4 hours is a long render.

Well I decided to upload this next video. The render took 1hr 16 minutes. I'll start looking for courses on how to better process videos in premiere cs6, maybe lynda.com

Let me know what do you think about the final video, any thought or suggestion is welcomed!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic