How do I power down after catching?

Holding the bird with one hand then having to throttle down AND hit the RTH button with the other hand might be challenging for some. Much easier to just throttle down and hold it still for 3 seconds.
Yeah if that worked lol

Once it detects it is no longer descending or moving.
Takes about 3 seconds of being stationary.

Ahh, well, however you work it.
I rarely hand catch but when I do....
I never let go of the controller.
Being left handed I simply stand up-wind with the aircraft front facing away from me, lower aircraft to 6-7 feet and hover, once in stable hover use left hand to hold controller and then place left thumb on throttle, reach with right hand and grab vertical portion of the gear, hold full down left stick until it shuts down.

If you have a neck strap that can help with maintaining solid control of the controller.

Ahh, well, however you work it.
I rarely hand catch but when I do....
I never let go of the controller.
Being left handed I simply stand up-wind with the aircraft front facing away from me, lower aircraft to 6-7 feet and hover, once in stable hover use left hand to hold controller and then place left thumb on throttle, reach with right hand and grab vertical portion of the gear, hold full down left stick until it shuts down.

If you have a neck strap that can help with maintaining solid control of the controller.
Is holding the vertical portion of landing gear essential? Because I held yhr horizontal bit. Maybe that's why?

Not essential to the process at all except from a safety standpoint as it prevents it from rotating and possibly having a prop strike your arm.

I grab vertical part close to the body.

So, bring it down. Hands off remote. Catch it. Then hold down?
You fly it down to a level that you can grab it on the landing feet, grab it (holding it where it is) and then hold the left stick down for 3 seconds. Its very simple - try not to over complicate it.

There is one key part that I've not seen posted yet... and it's very important. Once you hand catch and press the descend stick down, you want to slightly lift the Phantom very slowly. If you were to press down on the stick but lower the Phantom it will think it's still descending and not turn off.

There is one key part that I've not seen posted yet... and it's very important. Once you hand catch and press the descend stick down, you want to slightly lift the Phantom very slowly. If you were to press down on the stick but lower the Phantom it will think it's still descending and not turn off.

No Not at all, if you hold it exactly where it is then after 3 seconds it will turn off. If your moving it then it wont. Its simple. HOLD it and do not move it until its turned off.

Guys this is so simple.

Reactions: snowghost
No Not at all, if you hold it exactly where it is then after 3 seconds it will turn off. If your moving it then it wont. Its simple. HOLD it and do not move it until its turned off.

Guys this is so simple.

If you hold it still you might accidentally be lowering your arm. If you push up the Phantom _will_ still turn off (it won't stay on as you mentioned). If you push slightly up you can be assured it will turn off. If you try to hold it level it opens the window slightly for an error.

If you hold it still you might accidentally be lowering your arm. If you push up the Phantom _will_ still turn off (it won't stay on as you mentioned). If you push slightly up you can be assured it will turn off. If you try to hold it level it opens the window slightly for an error.
No, if your full down on the controller, you would be descending in over 1+ Meter per second.... it knows what rate should be descending. It it hasn't moved 3 meters in the 3 seconds you have the controller down, it will shut off. Even with a fraction moment it won't matter.... try it.

Reactions: WWK888
Never had an issue with it not powering down while hand catching.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Stealthmatt
The other day I tried the John Wayne thing and end up dropping my Rc !
No damage though thx to mamas plont ;)
i bought a harness for my Rc to be safe .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.