How do I get sound?

why would anyone want to listen to the noise of the rotors fighting through the wind i would rather listen to my mrs ranting on about nothing for half an hour!!

GoPro owners in particular seem to have that attitude. For some reason, they seem incapable of muting the audio track.

Ive seen a few P3 videos where the sound is amazing not rotor sound at all but you can hear the birds, those cars passing by and a train crossing a level crossing in the distance for example

How was this done do you think? that's a lot of Foley work or sound dubbing whichever way you look at it? I have had quite a bit of experience of this in the past with other projects and boy it not easy.

Its one of the things I will be looking at when I do my videos, I plan to record ambient sounds when out and about to dub onto the videos.

I was once taught that when you remove ALL original sound from a video clip it feels 'clinical' and the viewer can find it 'false' but doesn't really know why

its a brain thing apparently

wow, that was good flying and video too, did it just go dead ?

Well, this was in the days before the luxury of FPV. I had just clipped the building and took off again. No inspection of course, sure why would you?

The P1 threw a prop and landed in the sea. I got the GoPro back after three months underwater. Dredged up by mussel fishermen. True story.

Reactions: Donw35
GoPro owners in particular seem to have that attitude. For some reason, they seem incapable of muting the audio track.
Indeed, why is it so hard to turn down the volume if you don't want to hear it? Why not have a mic in the camera and the ability to not log audio if you don't want it? Personally I was disappointed when I got my P3 and the videos had no audio, thought I had a setting wrong because I couldn't believe it wouldn't do audio. I love the P1 and P2 videos from GoPro with their propeller whine which you can hear changing according to how hard to machine is working, adds some excitement and a better sense of what the machine is doing... much better then what we have now, which is silence.

the prop noise from 100 ft away is pretty loud. I cant imagine hearing anything but the props from on board the craft.

the prop noise from 100 ft away is pretty loud. I cant imagine hearing anything but the props from on board the craft.
Just listen to any of the many GoPro videos taken from the older Phantoms, like the one posted on page 1 of this forum. Your not hearing anything other then the propeller noise but it is fun to hear the variance... and occasionally, the crash! Not that dissimilar from being on a small plane like a Cessna or Piper where all you hear is the engine and propeller noise.

Indeed, why is it so hard to turn down the volume if you don't want to hear it? Why not have a mic in the camera and the ability to not log audio if you don't want it? Personally I was disappointed when I got my P3 and the videos had no audio, thought I had a setting wrong because I couldn't believe it wouldn't do audio. I love the P1 and P2 videos from GoPro with their propeller whine which you can hear changing according to how hard to machine is working, adds some excitement and a better sense of what the machine is doing... much better then what we have now, which is silence.

So..... because YOU like it, everyone else should?

Or you can do as we had been. rubber band a mobus or runcam to your hat. talk away. lus you can do a picture with in a picture of the flight with audio
enjoy

Problem is not with an app to record, we want sound recording to start with video recording to get best sync.
hello what i do is set up a video camera up in front of the ipod off the remote with a longer cord and talk while it records or sound to

Hi everyone I can't get any sound from my videos.... Please help...

First off, as explained by others, the P3 doesn't have any sounds capabilities, and, even if it did, all you'd hear is the whir of the motors.

Second...and FAR more important...based on your comments, it's sounding like you're planning on using your drone to spy on people. Get caught, and, depending on the laws (city, county, state, & federal) in your area, I'm fairly certain you won't like the consequences. If u can put 2 & 2 together stop easily, you know law enforcement can, and, considering the new FAA regulations starting in two days, it's safe to assume that more law enforcement agencies will start paying attention to these, any other UAV, forums.

First off, as explained by others, the P3 doesn't have any sounds capabilities, and, even if it did, all you'd hear is the whir of the motors.

Second...and FAR more important...based on your comments, it's sounding like you're planning on using your drone to spy on people. Get caught, and, depending on the laws (city, county, state, & federal) in your area, I'm fairly certain you won't like the consequences. If u can put 2 & 2 together stop easily, you know law enforcement can, and, considering the new FAA regulations starting in two days, it's safe to assume that more law enforcement agencies will start paying attention to these, any other UAV, forums.
Wow. How did you get from 'i don't have sound ' to ' I'm going to spy on people '. I think I missed a few steps

Or you can do as we had been. rubber band a mobus or runcam to your hat. talk away. lus you can do a picture with in a picture of the flight with audio
enjoy
I don't want to hear my stupid voice, I want to hear what the drone hears, whirl of motors and all.

I guess these people are in deep trouble.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj