How do I get sound?

You could also attach a thumb drive with a microphone -- like this one.

Is there a way you can get sound through your phone/device to hear you talking?

Sure. Just run a sound recorder app on your mobile device.

Is there a way you can get sound through your phone/device to hear you talking?
You could just start the audio notes program of your tablet / phone and jabber away. If audio / visual synchronization was important you could use the old fashion clapper board, or it's functional equivalent. At least for iOS, I don't think the audio files have a time code embedded in them, but I could be wrong.

We could start a contest here for best scream / groan as the Phantom crashes.....

Reactions: dirtybum
Problem is not with an app to record, we want sound recording to start with video recording to get best sync.

Problem is not with an app to record, we want sound recording to start with video recording to get best sync.

Then use a form of a clapper - something that you can see and hear simultaneously. Then align the video and audio tracks in your editor. Otherwise you're going to have to get the time code out of the camera which seems non trivial at best.

Besides, you'll look cool and professional.

Reactions: alokbhargava
Why does one want to record the sounds of the motors? You will never be able to hear birds sing, the wind rushing through the trees, a babbling brook, etc. over that.

Record such sounds separately, and marry them up in a post. It's exceedingly easy to do.

Reactions: Discoverydave
Why does one want to record the sounds of the motors? You will never be able to hear birds sing, the wind rushing through the trees, a babbling brook, etc. over that.

Record such sounds separately, and marry them up in a post. It's exceedingly easy to do.

"Ayyeeeeee! It's crashing! Oh no! Don't land there!"

"Uh oh".

Could be priceless footage.

In this past 2.4.3 android app update it gave the info below. But I have not found a Selfie Mode, yet.

"Optimized the volume for sound recording and operations in Selfie mode."

Capturing sound? I don't think the OP has thought through this question. I'm wondering how old he is. I'm also wondering if he realizes he can't fly in his home town.

Capturing sound? I don't think the OP has thought through this question. I'm wondering how old he is. I'm also wondering if he realizes he can't fly in his home town.

There are these wonderful inventions called automobiles............
driver.gif

You can always do a live stream to youtube. When you use live stream, it records from your tablet mic.

why would anyone want to listen to the noise of the rotors fighting through the wind i would rather listen to my mrs ranting on about nothing for half an hour!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl