How do I get sound?

If there is notable local sound such as calling grease I've recorded with cell and added in editing... Or of course in editing can add any sound you want..... with sound on th actual drone you'll get mainly motor-prop sounds

Ive seen a few P3 videos where the sound is amazing not rotor sound at all but you can hear the birds, those cars passing by and a train crossing a level crossing in the distance for example

How was this done do you think? that's a lot of Foley work or sound dubbing whichever way you look at it? I have had quite a bit of experience of this in the past with other projects and boy it not easy.

Its one of the things I will be looking at when I do my videos, I plan to record ambient sounds when out and about to dub onto the videos.

I was once taught that when you remove ALL original sound from a video clip it feels 'clinical' and the viewer can find it 'false' but doesn't really know why

its a brain thing apparently
That's what I was trying to say

Ive seen a few P3 videos where the sound is amazing not rotor sound at all but you can hear the birds, those cars passing by and a train crossing a level crossing in the distance for example

How was this done do you think? that's a lot of Foley work or sound dubbing whichever way you look at it? I have had quite a bit of experience of this in the past with other projects and boy it not easy.

Its one of the things I will be looking at when I do my videos, I plan to record ambient sounds when out and about to dub onto the videos.

I was once taught that when you remove ALL original sound from a video clip it feels 'clinical' and the viewer can find it 'false' but doesn't really know why

its a brain thing apparently

Actually, it's extremely simple to accomplish, and entirely without a Foley. The audio is first recorded separately, by someone whose's closer to the sound-producing sources you want audio of...digitally, in all likelihood, being far easier to add into editing software. Once the separate video & audio files are added into whichever editing software you prefer (I currently use Adobe Premiere Professional CS6, Adobe Premiere Elements 13, & PowerDirector Premium 13), syncing them is a fairly easy task.

If you want to completely avoid the inclusion of the sounds of the motors (no matter how faint), this can also be accomplished, although doing so will require some extra work. This would involve a second audio recording of the UAV's motors (for example, strap a small digital recorder to your UAV), exclusively, to which you'd create a negative sound image (ie. a "mirror image" ox the sound wave). Next, you'd adjust the volume of the "motor" audio to match the volume of the motors in the "everything else" audio. Finally, when playing both audio files together, the negative audio file would cancel out the sound of the UAV's motors in the "everything else" audio file. Like I said, this process does require more time & effort, but it's a standard process used by numerous entities (especially military, & federal law enforcement).

Interestingly enough, and to make things simpler for you, if you search the net, you can come up with software that can create the negative audio. Several headset, headphone, & IEM companies (Plantronics, Bose, Klipsch, Shure, etc) have included this same technology in their products for several years. I've used Plantronics Voyager series of headsets for several years now (currently Voyager Legend), which is how people can hear me talking, even when the wind is blowing hard and/or there are other loud sounds (such as vehicles...well, except Harleys, as their sound blasts over ensuring) in the background.

Whatever you decide to do, and however you decide to go about it, the best to you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20