How do I do a 360x180 panorama on an Osmo+?

Reaction score
How do I make a full 360x180 (spherical) panorama on an Osmo+? DJI has no option for that in the app, and even if they did, the resolution of the DJI auto panoramas is very low.

I tried using the Drone Pan app but it kept crashing in the middle of the panorama, giving me a very brief error message in what looked like Spanish and then closing the app/kicking me out.

Am I going to be stuck taking the pictures manually and then loading them into a stitching program? If so, what program can I use that is free yet does a good job? I have seen several recommended elsewhere but they all imbed annoying watermarks unless you get the paid versions for lots of money, which I am not going to do.

On a related note, can you recommend a good program to view such a panorama that does not require a Facebook or other social network account? I don’t have a Facebook account and have no intention of getting one.

How do I make a full 360x180 (spherical) panorama on an Osmo+? DJI has no option for that in the app, and even if they did, the resolution of the DJI auto panoramas is very low.

I tried using the Drone Pan app but it kept crashing in the middle of the panorama, giving me a very brief error message in what looked like Spanish and then closing the app/kicking me out.

Am I going to be stuck taking the pictures manually and then loading them into a stitching program? If so, what program can I use that is free yet does a good job? I have seen several recommended elsewhere but they all imbed annoying watermarks unless you get the paid versions for lots of money, which I am not going to do.

On a related note, can you recommend a good program to view such a panorama that does not require a Facebook or other social network account? I don’t have a Facebook account and have no intention of getting one.
I can't help with the first part as I do panos only with my P3 using Litchi. I stitch with PTGui, the full version, which isn't free and yes, the demo version has a watermark. Another possibility for stitching is Image Composite Editor (ICE) Image Composite Editor - Microsoft Research which also works well and is free.

For viewing I use FSP Viewer Welcome to the FSPViewer web pages - again, very good and free.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20