How Do I Diagnose What's Wrong (other than the obvious hardpart damage)?

Reaction score
Hi all, crashed my P3 Advanced and have since replaced the broken roll and yaw arm, along with the ribbon cable. I currently have no gimbal movement on startup or otherwise and the video output is a garbled mess (picture included). I ensured all the cables where in tightly and am suspecting the aftermarket ribbon cable is the cause. I am wondering, if replacing the ribbon cable doesn't solve my issue, how do I continue with the repair, short of buying a whole new camera and gimbal setup? That is, how can I diagnose if I have a bad board somewhere? I hate to just keep buying parts trying to solve the issue.

I've got about $60 into the repair so far, and am hesitant to spend more money if I need to replace the setup (and not sure if the individual boards are even available to purchase).

P3 Pic.jpg

Any insight or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Some good news is within the garbled video I can see myself (just barley). Also, moving the camera around manually also shows within the app. So I know there’s some communication happening.

Here’s to hoping the $40 DJI cable solves my issues.

Some good news is within the garbled video I can see myself (just barley). Also, moving the camera around manually also shows within the app. So I know there’s some communication happening.

Here’s to hoping the $40 DJI cable solves my issues.
Earthquake took mine off bench for me,,,did you have any change on transmission channels ? Yes try use good ribbon some don't work,,,also any change when switch to camera or stay same view,,,also no gimble dance ,,,any friction on the yaw motors when on,,I sposed the bit prone to being knocked but possible damage,,,if new ribbon cable not fix ,,update to here

Last edited by a moderator:
IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FOR ANSWERS TRY THIS SITE ON YT ................ENTER IN SEARCH..... THEA8W12 ................HE DOES A LOT ON GIMBALS AND REPAIRS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic