Troubleshoot flex cable(is it bad or not ?) How do I know if the damage isn’t obvious by looking?

Most I've had to replace didn't show damage. The wire inside and connections are fragile. Sadly it's often trial and error but I have enough spares to go through that process. Be sure the clips that hold the ribbon are not damaged as well. If it's the gimble ribbon just go ahead and replace anyway once open as it's the most difficult. Always use original DJI cables. Aftermarket often fail or don't even work.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Can you still buy DJI cables for the P3A?. I never found any so used a online one. Nothing except the camera dance and no camera feed.

How do I know if my flex cable is bad if the damage is an obvious to the naked eye?

Having repaired 100's of DJI cams over the last 10 years, I have found ribbon cables can degrade over time, due to moisture, heat & the big offender, fine dust, especially if there is metallic content in the dust. Image degradation shows up as, what I call, intermittent or consistent pixelation. Other video issues, like a black screen or video only in "stills" mode, is usually a video circuit board issue. DJI has always used cheap NAND video chips.

Hi Jiminyfixit - so what do you think my problem is? Posted here..... but I have now linked the RC and AC but my Nvidia Shield just shows "Disconnected". I can fly the drone, take pictures so all that side of things is just fine, just nothing on my device.

Reactions: MerckxBh
Reactions: jiminyfixit
Hi Jiminyfixit - so what do you think my problem is? Posted here..... but I have now linked the RC and AC but my Nvidia Shield just shows "Disconnected". I can fly the drone, take pictures so all that side of things is just fine, just nothing on my device.

I think Droneted may have next step solution & possibly go into the DJI Assistant & reset factory defaults. I'm more of a camera fix guy than dealing with all the controller linking issues with different platforms. All my testing controllers & drones have worked perfectly for many years. I guess DJI didn't really mean we should fly these things:) I'm a "fixer" not a "flyer" & not much help, I'm afraid.

Most I've had to replace didn't show damage. The wire inside and connections are fragile. Sadly it's often trial and error but I have enough spares to go through that process. Be sure the clips that hold the ribbon are not damaged as well. If it's the gimble ribbon just go ahead and replace anyway once open as it's the most difficult. Always use original DJI cables. Aftermarket often fail or don't even work.
i know this is an very old post but i think you can help me, i need to replace my p3p gimble ribbom, as you mentioned original DJI is the way to go, is there anyone that sells them or do i have to go through DJI, i'm not a cheap *** but you never know.....Thank you

i know this is an very old post but i think you can help me, i need to replace my p3p gimble ribbom, as you mentioned original DJI is the way to go, is there anyone that sells them or do i have to go through DJI, i'm not a cheap *** but you never know.....Thank you
To my knowledge there is no OEM cable available for the Phantom 3. The Phantom 4 is different Zander newer. The DJI OEM cable is still available. ( probably not for long)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl