How can I check some other components when my compass connector fell off from motherboard

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have recently crashed my P3P, and realized that the compass connector has fell off from the motherboard, and it peeled one pad from the motherboard.
I am thinking to find a solution for reconnecting compass to the board, but would like to know if there is any other potential damage like Gimbal/ESC/motor, so I can get some idea about if it's worth to spend time on it
However I can't start the aircraft, Dji go app keeps telling me to calibrate the compass

Anyone has the experience about skipping the compass checking process and let it fly or even run in a manual model?

I checked the forum and didn't find any solution on how to check other components. Any one's suggestion would be helpful

Thanks!

Attachments

• 747FCE4B-43B0-4D72-8BDC-F40D81A0B78A_1_201_a.jpeg
    747FCE4B-43B0-4D72-8BDC-F40D81A0B78A_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
If there's a compass error on power up the motors will not start. There is no way to bypass that. I would think the camera and gimbal would still function though. Do you have any video feed to your device? As far as the ESC's go, I can't say for certain if the mainboard will report an ESC error without the motors being started. Other than the calibrate compass message you are seeing, are there any other errors reported on screen? I wouldn't think having the compass connector reattached should be too expensive to have done at a repair shop.

If there's a compass error on power up the motors will not start. There is no way to bypass that. I would think the camera and gimbal would still function though. Do you have any video feed to your device? As far as the ESC's go, I can't say for certain if the mainboard will report an ESC error without the motors being started. Other than the calibrate compass message you are seeing, are there any other errors reported on screen? I wouldn't think having the compass connector reattached should be too expensive to have done at a repair shop.
Thanks for replying, I have the video on my phone, but I think there's also a problem with my gimbal yaw motion since now when I start the aircraft, the camera doesn't spin horizontally. I am in canada and have checked some phone/drone repair shops, they gave me a quotation of $150, which I think is overpriced. I am thinking of finding an used motherboard. don't know if it is worth compare to buying a new drone.

Screw the connector and solder compass wires strait to board. Worked for me
I think it would be working, just I don't have equipments for micro soldering, the peeled off contact point is so small. Pay someone $150 for this and after that find some other problems is not worth IMO.

Reactions: giorgimonk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic