Home point changed during flight.

Reaction score
Hello, I have Phantom 3 standard. Two days ago I traveled to a place which located near hills. So I planned to take some pictures with my Ac. So I calibrated the drone. Got weak GPS signal. After few mins drone locked the home point with 6 SATs. I heard app said home point has been updated. Then I Airborne the drone. After that drone automatically changed to the ATTI mod due to bad GPS signal. After few mins aircraft locked the GPS and again I heard the app was saying 'home point has been updated please check it on the map'. While drone was in the 20 feet up. However, I managed to land it back. The movement was completely ok.I mean drone was completely under control. Then I checked flight records and saw there were two home points. One where I was, 2nd one located 20 feet away from me. Never happened before. But yesterday this happened again at the same location. Do you guys have an idea? Thank you.

PS - Dji app version v3.1.18 (2806) iOS. I hadn't updated firmware or app recently.

Last edited:
For it to happen twice in the same location and you saying that there is 6 SATs might just be the explanation we need. I admit tho having 2 home points is very odd. What app version are you using ? If its android I would recommend deleting the app and installing this one

Download DJI GO APK 3.1.11 from APK4Fun - APK4Fun

Seems to be the most stable one (for me anyway)

Hope this helps but do keep us updated

Reactions: sajindra
For it to happen twice in the same location and you saying that there is 6 SATs might just be the explanation we need. I admit tho having 2 home points is very odd. What app version are you using ? If its android I would recommend deleting the app and installing this one

Download DJI GO APK 3.1.11 from APK4Fun - APK4Fun

Seems to be the most stable one (for me anyway)

Hope this helps but do keep us updated

Thank you ! As I mentioned app version v3.1.18(2806) IOS

After few mins aircraft locked the GPS and again I heard the app was saying 'home point updated please check it on the map'. While drone was in the 20 feet up
To look into this, it would be best to look at the recorded flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

Reactions: dazzer
ok please check this

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-11-14_[16-34-53].txt
    562.8 KB · Views: 367
I do not see those things in your flight log.
Have a look at 0:38.
I can't see anything to explain it but there's one homepoint recorded at the start of the flight record and another at 0:38
1st home point 5.98899864 80.62282547
0:38 homepoint 5.98905091 80.62270236

Isn't this the dynamic home points ?
So if you were in a boat it would return to you ?
In settings it can be disabled.

@sajindra, can we take a look at your DAT flight log? If that's okay, please upload it to dropbox.com and post a download link back here. If needed, you can find instructions for retrieving the DAT file here.

Hello I have Phantom 3 standard. Two days ago I travelled to a place which located near hills. So I planned to take some pictures with my Ac. So I calibrated the drone. Got weak GPS signal. After few mins drone locked the home point with 6 SATs. I heard app said home point has been updated. Then I Airborned the drone. After that drone automatically changed to the ATTI mod due to bad GPS signal. After few mins aircraft locked the GPS and again I heard the app was saying 'home point has been updated please check it on the map'. While drone was in the 20 feet up. How ever I managed to land it back. Movement was completely ok.I mean drone was completely under control. Then I checked flight records and saw there were two home points. One where I was , 2nd one located 20 feet away from me. Never happened before. But yesterday this happened again at the same location. Do you guys have an idea? Thank you.

PS - Dji app version v3.1.18 (2806) iOS. I hadn't updated firmware or app recently.
I think this is "normal" behavior that happened because launch occurred before enough satellites were acquired. The AC will record a home point as soon as there is some GPS info and then record another when gpsHealth > 3. Usually this all takes place before launch. At 37.076 secs gpsHealth was still 3 and the home point was at it's initial position. A moment later gpsHealth became 4 and the home point re-recorded to the AC's current location.
upload_2017-11-18_13-50-37.png
=>
upload_2017-11-18_13-55-32.png
=>
upload_2017-11-18_13-53-25.png

I think this is "normal" behavior that happened because launch occurred before enough satellites were acquired. The AC will record a home point as soon as there is some GPS info and then record another when gpsHealth > 3. Usually this all takes place before launch. At 37.076 secs gpsHealth was still 3 and the home point was at it's initial position. A moment later gpsHealth became 4 and the home point re-recorded to the AC's current location.
View attachment 90950=>View attachment 90954=>View attachment 90953

I think this is the answer. Thank you all for your time. Every answer is helpful

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
I saw somewhere that firmwares 3....... prior to 3.1.3 may have home point issues. I run 3.1.3 and it has been running flawlessly for many months now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94