Home lock position question

RPA said:
The former.

I have a bear of a time getting that to work. No issues at all with S1 for compass calibration, and this is supposed to be at the same rate, but my success rate for resetting home point manually is about 10%. I almost never use though, so it hasn't been worth following up for me.

Home Lock find my phantom

Hi! Before takeoff and take all the preflight procedures, i click in "find my phantom" to see if the home Lock is well configured, and the smartphone don't show me any map or position. Only white! I have the smartphone in flight mode, gps activated.

What i'm doing wrong? How can i solve this problem?

Thanks!!!

When you trigger a Compass Calibration, you flick S1 from position 1 to position 3, FIVE times.

Depending on whether you are in Phantom mode or NAZA mode, S2 operates differently:

In Phantom mode, to reset your Home Point, flip S2 from pos 1-3 FIVE times.
Rear lights will flash rapid green indicating success.

In NAZA mode, there are TWO resets available with S2, Course Lock, and Home Point.

To reset Course Lock (the recorded start orientation of the aircraft):
Toggle S2 from Pos1-2 FIVE times. Rear lights will rapid flash green indicating success.

To reset Home Point, while hovering at the desired location & altitude:
Toggle S2 from Pos 2-3 FIVE times. Rear lights flash rapid green indicating success.

RPA said:
Since there's already a home lock thread I'll ask my question here.

Am I the only one who struggles to get S2 to initiate a home lock?

I've tried frantic flicking, slow flicking and partial flicking. Nothing!

What am I doing wrong?

FLICKING hell!!! hahaha.

Connect to the usb to the Transmitter (Tx) and start the Remote control Software
OR
Connect to the usb to Phantom and start the Assistant app.
FLICK the switches and see if they ain't faulty.

Mine were faulty and the IOC off was not closing the circuit. It kept switching between CL and IOC-OFF intermittently. I found this out mid flight. It would change course all of a sudden and then flew normal. I switched to Home lock flew her back in eventually and saw the light flash yellow then green when switched IOC off.

Just remember, if your bird flies funny, land it and call it day!

Mine was a private buy so I couldn't send back and didn't want to deal with DJI.

Toggle%20Switch.jpg

Toggle%20Switch%20Replacement.jpg

and cost $3.50AUD and a few minutes to solder.
You may need to change the pretty screw that hold the switch up as the threads don't reach. You might be lucky though...

Much better tonight and YES... in NAZA flicking from pos2 to pos3 was more successful.

More to the point I managed 12 Satellites tonight and the ole bird was ridiculously steady in some pretty gusty conditions.

RPA said:
Much better tonight and YES... in NAZA flicking from pos2 to pos3 was more successful.

More to the point I managed 12 Satellites tonight and the ole bird was ridiculously steady in some pretty gusty conditions.

So you just "checked" and it's better now?

No I altered the way I was resetting home and it's better now.

Originally I was using the same method as I was in Phantom mode..... flicking all the way from pos1 to pos3 I tries pos1 to pos2 also but never pos2 to pos3. This (and possibly more consistent and high numbers of satellites available) made all the difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj