Hobbyist Turned Professional

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’ve been a hobbyist for years but I’ve since turned to the commercial world and thought I would start the conversation around the small UAS field for hobbyists turned pro. With PT 107 coming I think now is a great opportunity to get into the field and expect that with our background, many more of us will.

A little about me; For the last year I have been flying small UAS professionally in various place around the U.S. and the world. I started flying RC in 2006 and quickly got the bug! While serving as an Army Blackhawk crew chief from 2004-2010, I learned the utility and power of UAS and realized I needed to pursue my hobby as a profession. After the service, I used the GI Bill to earn my degree in Unmanned Aircraft Systems from the University of North Dakota. Already an FAA Airframe and Power-plant mechanic, I added my commercial, multi-engine, instrument ratings in the process.

Welcome to the forum.

THANK YOU for your service to our Country!!

I believe you'll be a valuable resource for our community and we look forward to learning more about your knowledge, experience, and ideas.

Reactions: Unmannedsky
Welcome. Thanks for keeping my family safe and free.

Welcome to the forum.

THANK YOU for your service to our Country!!

I believe you'll be a valuable resource for our community and we look forward to learning more about your knowledge, experience, and ideas.

Thanks!

I'm eye-balling the Rules/Regs sub forum. Is that the best spot to talk about commercial ops?

Thanks!

I'm eye-balling the Rules/Regs sub forum. Is that the best spot to talk about commercial ops?
Excellent question. I would suggest maybe the "General" tab. If we have enough discussion we could request something be created here more specific.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl