Hi...My name is Mark

OK...I did find it...now problem with email address or password...can't try again for 24 hours...how about the site for updating firmware?

I did...but have to try it again...I was getting something titled utilities...I don't think it is the same thing...thank you
Where did that link I posted take you. Wasn’t sure if it would take you to your App Store or not.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Apparently it took me to the right place, but having trouble with password and email address...that is for the phone...which seems to be screwing me up with the firmware update site, also....the directions are terrible....the back of the control transmitter does not have a door opening to open up for the AAA batteries, as shown in the directions...and I am kind of afraid to unscrew all the tiny screws in it...I see why people buy these and wind up not using them

Apparently it took me to the right place, but having trouble with password and email address...that is for the phone...which seems to be screwing me up with the firmware update site, also....the directions are terrible....the back of the control transmitter does not have a door opening to open up for the AAA batteries, as shown in the directions...and I am kind of afraid to unscrew all the tiny screws in it...I see why people buy these and wind up not using them
Do not unscrew nothing !
Bro it don't take batteries you charge it through a port .I've went through many P2's and for when they were out they were top of the line.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
YouTube is your friend ;)

Is that your Video?...It answers a bunch of very basic questions not answered elsewhere...I can't find anything in the instructions on charging the transmitter...what I did find said it had 4 AAA batteries...do you use a regular phone charger?...or do you come off a USB port on a computer to charge?...Thank you so much for your patience and sharing....I was really getting frustrated ?...I am more concerned about getting everything charged, updated ant eh App on my phone, I think the flying will be somewhat a challenge at first...but I expect to grasp it faster than the electronic stuff...thank you again....Mark

Reactions: dirkclod
Is that your Video?...It answers a bunch of very basic questions not answered elsewhere...I can't find anything in the instructions on charging the transmitter...what I did find said it had 4 AAA batteries...do you use a regular phone charger?...or do you come off a USB port on a computer to charge?...Thank you so much for your patience and sharing....I was really getting frustrated ?...I am more concerned about getting everything charged, updated ant eh App on my phone, I think the flying will be somewhat a challenge at first...but I expect to grasp it faster than the electronic stuff...thank you again....Mark
No that’s not mine but you can find any info on YouTube you need
if you look. I just did it for you. It’s all there just search there or
our search. I havn’t had a Phantom since the Mavic’s came out
but was deep into P2’s. Videos on updating are there and doing mods are there and here. Just don’t get impatient and you will do fine. Hit a stump and just ask and someone will guide you.
Good luck and do fly safe. Also do remember to register with the FAA .There’s more to this than just buying a bird and flying. ?
Added ,yes I used a phone charger.

OK...I did find it...now problem with email address or password...can't try again for 24 hours...how about the site for updating firmware?
Sorry I missed this post. If it’s not on the DJI site I don’t know where myself to find it but someone surely can. Like I said earlier
I moved on and not up where everything is.

You have been a really big help..and I do appreciate it....I was wondering about the registration....I will take care of that before lifting off ?...thank you for telling me about it...looks like there will eventually be a test?

So...I registered...but it says I have to take a test...any idea how difficult that is?....also where can I see some of your videos and aerial pictures?

So...I registered...but it says I have to take a test...any idea how difficult that is?....also where can I see some of your videos and aerial pictures?
I’m on Vimeo as Dirk Lucas and here in media but is old. Media
As far as a test that’s new to me ?‍♂️

I found your media on here....if you go to the FAA site it allows you to pay 5 bucks...you get issued a cert with your #...easy and fast.......I can make up a label to put it on the unit...but says you are supposed to take an aeronautical knowledge test...looks like a new thing ...which could be in limbo as part of COVID...I am into tractors and I am a moderator on a tractor forum......so I try to help new members...I have an appreciation for the consideration and help you have extended...thank you again

I found your media on here....if you go to the FAA site it allows you to pay 5 bucks...you get issued a cert with your #...easy and fast.......I can make up a label to put it on the unit...but says you are supposed to take an aeronautical knowledge test...looks like a new thing ...which could be in limbo as part of COVID...I am into tractors and I am a moderator on a tractor forum......so I try to help new members...I have an appreciation for the consideration and help you have extended...thank you again
To be honest I don’t remember a test when I registered. I know they are planning to have one but not sure when. @BigAl07 can say on that.

I got the app...but at the end youhave to put in email address and password and it is giving me trouble and I tried so many times it told me I timed out and to try again in 24 hours...so later today I will try again

The TEST is just about to be released. As of yesterday the FAA is stating "June" as their release date. This is directly from an FAA Webpage about The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST):

"The FAA will announce selected test administrators in June 2021 and expects selected test administrators to begin offering the test to recreational drone pilots at that time."

Thank you Big Al07.....You guys run a nice friendly forum here..I got a little overwhelmed with the details, you guys ( particularly dirkclod ) have been great...now I just have to figure out how to resolve the final problem with downloading the app and the website for firmware updates and I can get this thing off the fround

After not being able to get the App onto my phone or onto my computer for updating firmware I called DJI customer service and after being switched around reached someone who told me that basically I bought an anchor...you can no longer get the App or any support...if I get another one...it will not be a DJI...what a rip off ....anyone thinking of buying a used DJI product...beware ...they are not usable.....I guess if I pay top dollar for a new one it would work fine for a while...thank you to the guys on here that tried to help me

After not being able to get the App onto my phone or onto my computer for updating firmware I called DJI customer service and after being switched around reached someone who told me that basically I bought an anchor...you can no longer get the App or any support...if I get another one...it will not be a DJI...what a rip off ....anyone thinking of buying a used DJI product...beware ...they are not usable.....I guess if I pay top dollar for a new one it would work fine for a while...thank you to the guys on here that tried to help me

Sorry to hear about the problems you've ran into with the P2 but that's a very old bird. The problem is this technology is growing so quickly that older tech is no longer supported in many aspects.

DJI makes a great product but I'd say the P3 is the oldest a non-techie should buy. Anything older is going to mean a lot of tinkering and trial & error. P3 is still quite old in terms of the tech but at least many people (myself included) still have them operational so help and software isn't so much of a mystery or challenge.

Well....I kept digging and found that cust service is wrong...I just kept at it and found that you actually have to go to the web site FIRST....register there...then you can get the app to open....I did find out that I am not the only person that has gone through the same thing.....I have really gone through the instructions and there is no where here it tells you what the website is...or that it is necessary to register before you do anything else...this thing may be about 6 or 7 years old...but it was never used ...the guy I bought it from never did anything with it except start the motors a few times...it never flew

I too am sorry to hear that you have had problems with the P2. I agree with BigAl, DJI makes a great product but as they age parts become hard to find and are more expensive and DJI no longer supports them.

Both my Phantom 3 Standard (P3S) and my Spark are no longer made. My gimbal on my P3S failed last fall (was a gradual process) and I had trouble finding parts to troubleshoot the problem. I eventually had to buy a completely rebuilt gimbal and camera from a vendor in China for almost half of what I paid for my drone.

The Mini 2, which a number of people have mentioned is probably the best value if you are just starting out. You get a warranty and a drone with the latest tech and more for a great price.

Maybe try returning your P2+ if you can or selling it for parts.

Good luck.

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.