Hi - I Fly My Drone Around Cranes...

Reaction score
Some may think that's not a good idea... and it generally isn't. ... Well it probably isn't at all if ya wanna argue about it.

I do it anyway.

I am a crane operator with quite a bit of experience... I can tell where to be when, more importantly I can tell when something is going to go down. For example...

This one is of a blade being stabbed into the nacelle of a wind tower by a very large manitowoc 18000.

I catch a very epic shot I think in this when he reaches out to grab the load.

This one is pretty funny. A couple of fellas in the tower notice that I am buzzing around and wave me in closer.

I have been taking my videos with a dji standard. I want to upgrade soon I think.

Do you guys think I should continue to make these types of videos?

Or is this something you guys see a lot of... You are the experts. Please LMK.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.

Reactions: MellowingGamer
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your videos :)

Reactions: Ixlr8
I think these videos are AWESOME! I really enjoyed installing the blade.

If you're in the US of A, you should get your Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate and sell these to the Turbine company to document the install. They might be able to use them in advertising etc. Just make sure you do it legally.

Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: anotherlab
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Nice video I drive truck for a crane company. Always haled the cranes into wind mill farm never got to see them put the blades in. NICE VIDEO

Greetings & welcome to the forum.
Excellent clips. I say keep up with similar ones, you don't see that many.
Shows how good the standard is too.

Reactions: Ixlr8

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl