I own P4P+, wich drone should I get as my second drone, either the Inspire 1 v2.0 or Spark?

I own a p4p+, should I get the Inspire 1 v2.0 for my second drone, or the spark.

• You should get Inspire 1 v2.0.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • You should get the Spark.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need feedback. I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro +, but I want another drone because I would like to have more than one, and Christmas is coming up and I have a little bit of money saved up to put with Christmas to get the a drone I have my eye on for professional photography for hobbyists, because that’s all I am right now but I am learning to hopefully one day be a professional. Anyway I have my eye on the Inspire 1 v2.0, and that’s the only inspire I can afford right now, but I figure after I get it I can save up a little more money and get the X5 zemuse camera, but for this Christmas and the time being I will get the Inspire 1 v2.0 with the stock Z3 camera. Now I’m kinda split because ino the Phantom 4 Pro + is got a better quality cam than the z3, but it doesn’t turn around 360 degrees, and the Inspire looks more durable and it can take different cameras, and looks cooler and like it can take wind better etc. Now, on the other hand, I need another drone for the sake of having an extra if the one I have breaks down and I have to wait for it to be fixed or replaced, but with the Phantom 4 Pro + being so advanced in technology, I also would like to have something smaller, faster to charge, easier to take with me and can fit in my backpack, also I don’t mind having 1080p footage on the go, so I have my other eye on the spark because it’s small it’s easy to carry and I would save a lot of that money that I’ve been saving up because I could get the spark for Christmas no prob without having to throw money in and it would be a perfect backup drone and drone for on the go. So I have this decision to make, upgrade to Inspire 1 v2.0 for a second drone and have a spare professional level drone, or get a spark as my second drone, and have a nice little on the go backup drone. Please tell me what you guys think on this and wich I should go for. I need feedback. Thankyou.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inspire has less flight time, worse camera, less portability and takes longer to set up. You will look the goods flying it though. You may get better imaging with the X5 however you will have even less flight time then. It’s a backward step. If you want a new toy the spark fits the bill. Save your money for an inspire 2 it takes your fancy. There is no advantage to having a rotating camera for a single operator and no seperate FPV for the pilot.

Reactions: Kenley101 and OOO
WtB has given you some pretty good advice already.
Now, on the other hand, I need another drone for the sake of having an extra if the one I have breaks down and I have to wait for it to be fixed or replaced
Something else to consider.
If the main reason to get another drone is as a backup, there's a big advantage in getting something that uses the same batteries etc rather than investing in a separate system.

Reactions: OOO and CianMcLiam
My backup (to my P4P+) is my Mavic Pro, it's an amazing platform. And way more portable than the P4 or Inspire. You can swap 4k Mavic files with the P4P files, and most folks won't notice.

Inspire has less flight time, worse camera, less portability and takes longer to set up. You will look the goods flying it though. You may get better imaging with the X5 however you will have even less flight time then. It’s a backward step. If you want a new toy the spark fits the bill. Save your money for an inspire 2 it takes your fancy. There is no advantage to having a rotating camera for a single operator and no seperate FPV for the pilot.
Thankyou, that gives me a lot to think about, and I think your right, why go for the old model Inspire 1, when they have not only the Inspire 1 (raw), wich is a little bigger, better snap on props that a more stable and more sturdy, also a bit bigger motors too along with the bigger size and longer stock landing legs, it’s built a lot better and can carry the X5 a lot smoother than the Inspire 1 v2.0, and it also has a fpv camera, honestly it’s the one I really wanted but couldn’t afford, but then I look at the Inspire two and it’s got everything, but the word is that the Inspire 2 would run you about 10,000 dollars for the drone, camera, extra batteries, extra controllers, the crystal sky monitors, and all the other gear that goes with it, so I just couldn’t see myself ever spending that much on my hobby(as of right now), not to mention being able to afford it, so I never consider the Inspire 2 for anything but a dream, that’s why I was focused on the Inspire 1 models, but I think the Spark may be the way to go on this one. Thankyou

My backup (to my P4P+) is my Mavic Pro, it's an amazing platform. And way more portable than the P4 or Inspire. You can swap 4k Mavic files with the P4P files, and most folks won't notice.
The Mavic Pro was my first ever choice when I was buying a good photography drone, and I had my heart set on it. What eventually changed my mind into me getting the phantom 4 pro + is the fact that the camera is so amazing and it had the full 360 degrees sensors, not to mention the new built in screen remote, then there was the matter of me doing research, like I do with everything before I buy it, and I do my research online and on YouTube, so on YouTube I saw some videos of people complaining that there brand be Mavics they ordered had problems. The first one I saw is a camera problem a guy had and he sent his back and got a new one and it had another different camera problem. Then on a separate video I saw a guy that had some kind of motor or flying malfunction, and the conclusion that all of these people came to by the end of there video is that because the Mavic Pro is the first of its kind that it’s got bugs like every electronic, for example, the first Apple Watch. So that scared me enough where I didn’t want to order one for that reason too, along with the fact that the p4p+ has a great camera, and I know what your thinking, the Spark is the first of its kind too, but I haven’t heard or seen a single thing about the Spark malfunctioning or having problems brand new, but now that DJI has had a little time to work on things they have perfected the Mavic and fixed those bugs, and now they are all perfect, but back when I was buying my p4p+ I was seeing videos from the first line of mavics coming out of the factory, so they are fine now, and I haven’t even thought about the Mavic much I guess because I wrote it off a while back and I shouldn’t have I should consider it so I am going to think about it, but my only complaints are, when I saw the Mavic Pro in person, the gimbal looked really fragile and weak, wich scares me because I had problems with a phantom 3 standard gimbal a while back and I thought phantom gimbals where fragile and weak, but when I saw the Mavic gimbal it truly worried me about the strength, the other thing is I have this fear about folding drones: 1. I feel they might fold in flight if you bank too hard, or clip a tree limb or branch. 2. I worry that the folding mechanisms will get rusty or if sand gets in them they’ll get grinned and malfunction or get weaker. So those are some fears I’ve always had about the Mavic Pro and all folding drones, but that’s not to say I wouldn’t consider getting it, and I do love how compact it is. So I got a lot to think about. If you have anymore thoughts on this subject, please voice them. Thankyou very much.

Reactions: Techcop50
Hey buddy, I know you think I prolly talk to much so I wanna say sorry I’m not trying to blow you up with my long replies, lol. I just wanted to let you know something that you probably already know, but just in case I’m going to go ahead and tell you so if you didn’t know, you can get ahead. Since you have the Mavic Pro, and not the new Mavic Pro Platinum, if I were you I would buy the new Mavic Pro Platinum battery, because it will increase your flight time, also if you can get your hands on them, I would get the new Mavic Pro Platinum propellers too, because although the ESCs in the new Mavic Pro Platinum are contributing to the noise reduction, the main thing that’s cut the most noise out is the new propellers. I just watched a couple different comparisons of people using there Mavic Pro with Mavic Pro Platinum blades, and the results in sound between the old and the new propellers on there own is pretty high. They aren’t only quieter, but also have a lot cleaner sound than the old ones, and are overall more pleasant to listen to than the old. If you only do one of these things you should definitely check out and try those new propellers they make a world of difference in sound, I think you’ll be surprised. Anyway, happy flying, and thanks for your input and if you have anything else you want to add feel free.

Reactions: Techcop50
I have an Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 camera -- it was my first drone, but I added the P4P last year and, well, it blows the I1Pro out of the water so adding it would be pointless as far as I'm concerned. You could add a Mavic Pro as it's quieter and also has pretty decent flight time, but the video/image quality isn't in the same league as the P4P/P4P+ and it uses different batteries.

I think at this point I'd wait a while to see if DJI comes out with a new and better Phantom and if so that would be what I'd recommend, particularly if it uses the same batteries. If DJI is true to form we should expect word of such a new Phantom by late November.

Brian

I have an Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 camera -- it was my first drone, but I added the P4P last year and, well, it blows the I1Pro out of the water so adding it would be pointless as far as I'm concerned. You could add a Mavic Pro as it's quieter and also has pretty decent flight time, but the video/image quality isn't in the same league as the P4P/P4P+ and it uses different batteries.

I think at this point I'd wait a while to see if DJI comes out with a new and better Phantom and if so that would be what I'd recommend, particularly if it uses the same batteries. If DJI is true to form we should expect word of such a new Phantom by late November.

Brian
Yes, Thankyou very much. I was thinking the exsact same thing about the new phantom five and waiting for DJI to release it. I think for this Christmas I’m going to save money and just get the Spark to have as a spare on-the-go drone. So I’ve pretty much made up my mind on that, and the only way it’ll change is if the phantom 5 comes out before Christmas. Also, may I ask your ideas about the phantom 5, and what it may have, and what it may look like? I wonder this because I myself have some ideas about how it may be. There’s a video that’s two years old on YouTube that was created by DJI as a Phantom X(phantom 5 concept), I’m sure you have seen this video but if not you should definitely look it up because it was not only made by DJI, but DJI even went through the channels to have a actress from tv, star on the clip, she wasn’t one of the most famous actors out there but she’s working her way up the ladder, she’s been in a couple of different things on tv but the only thing I can come up with at the moment that she’s in is that newer TV show that’s a super hero based show from Marvel comics, called “Sheild”, and it’s about a top secret super hero protection agency called Sheild of course, lol. Anyway she’s in this clip made by DJI, and there showing off this new prototype drone that has a lot of the features the p4p+ has now except for a few things. For example, it had a different, sleeker looking body, and it was like a cool tan color like a military type looking color and one of the big features it had was that they could just toss it in the air and it would snap on and hover in place, it also had folding landing gear that folded out and in as the drone took off, it also showed it following the actress on a trail and it was going pretty fast filming her and ducking tree limbs and going around things like it had a super good object avoidance system, and the camera was on the bottom of the drone like in the middle and it had a tinted globe around it, kinda like the military drones cameras with the glass globe covering the camera and the camera rotated and moves around in that little globe, wich if the glass doesn’t effect the camera too much that might be a good idea, because I’ve always thought the gimbals look so fragile and weak. So anyway those are some features I think the new one will have and I also think they may go with that new look of the “Phantom X”, since it’s been two years ago and they think everyone’s forgotten that clip. Anyway, I would love to know what you think about this and the new up and coming Phantom 5. Thankyou for your hospitality.

Most people, get the spark and "play" with it for a while then the graduate up to the mavic for a better camera, but then they are still unhappy and eventually end up with the P4P because of the image quality.

Your going in the opposite direction, the spark doesn't cut it if you already have a p4p, the novelty will wear off quickly, it's just a toy compared to the P4P

If I were you I would keep my money and save it for the P5 as other posters have suggested, as I'm pretty sure there will be a new ecosystem of batteries and controllers etc. that will need to be bought with it so the investment will be much bigger than the P4P

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenley101
Most people, get the spark and "play" with it for a while then the graduate up to the mavic for a better camera, but then they are still unhappy and eventually end up with the P4P because of the image quality.

Your going in the opposite direction, the spark doesn't cut it if you already have a p4p, the novelty will wear off quickly, it's just a toy compared to the P4P

If I were you I would keep my money and save it for the P5 as other posters have suggested, as I'm pretty sure there will be a new ecosystem of batteries and controllers etc. that will need to be bought with it
Yea that’s a good point. And that does leave me with more to think about. But I really don’t mind 1080p for putting up short clips to Facebook and stuff like that because Facebook formats anything you upload to it in 1080p, so as far as short clips that I can make on the go with a small drone that I can wip out and launch from my hand, the Spark sounds awesome. The reason I want it isn’t to match quality with my real deal p4p+, it’s to use it as a kind of, “last minite” type of drone that I can get out with props on launch right away and not be afraid of the environment and circumstances I launch it in. That’s another very big problem of mine, my p4p+ is the most expensive drone I’ve ever bought and I love it, for that reason I don’t take it out unless I am on the spot ready and awake and have checked and rechecked the flight log and I know that the environment and weather and wind is perfect when I launch my P4P+ in the air, otherwise I’ll wait to fly if conditions aren’t right because I’m so scared of tearing up or scratching my p4p+. I also have DJI Care Refresh, wich in the beginning was something that made me feel a lot safer, but research on YouTube and the internet has showed me that every single person who’s crashed and used the refresh program says that they do not get back there drone that they sent off, also that they don’t even get a brand new one, that it’s refurbished, and a lot of people have got back a drone in worse shape then theirs that still have big malfunctions and problems, one guy got a drone back, and these were mainly all p4p so it wasn’t like it was only the cheaper drones, but this guy got his “new” drone back and it had tons of cosmetic damage. For example, a scuffed up camera, and what I can only describe as road rash on his actually shell or (body) of the quadcopter. So for those reasons the DJI care refresh program seems like a horror show rather than a warranty, I would rather pay hundreds of dollars to get mine fixed if it got messed up somehow electronically with no cosmetic damage, rather than send mine to DJI. So that’s why I’m so afraid to take my p4p + out if I think there’s any chance of anything bad happening to it. But I 500$ Spark, yea I’ll baby it too and be careful with it too, but not to the lengths I do with my p4p+, so I think the Spark would work out great in those situations where I have a chance to get footage but I don’t want to take the risk with my premium drone, and if I got the Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum, I would feel the same way, I would really keep it guarded and only take it out and fly when it’s the best environment because it’s a pretty expensive drone too. Anyway those are my thoughts and reasons why I wanna go for the Spark. Thankyou for your feedback and your definitely right about the phantom 5, and if it came out before Christmas that would definitely be my choice even though I would have to baby it and guard it with my life also. But until then I’ll save money if I get the Spark over something more expensive like the Mavic Pro Platinum, wich I would love to have also, but if I just get the Spark and save some money hopefully when the phantom five comes out it won’t be too too expensive and I can get it. Thankyou for your input, and there’s a two year old video on YouTube about the Phantom five, and they call it the phantom x concept, and it’s a clip created by DJI that’s on YouTube showing an actress from that shoe “Sheild” thAts about the marvel comic super heroes and Sheild is like a top secret team that protects them with some special powers of there own, but anyway that’s the only show I can think of with this actor girl in it although especially now she’s been in quite a few things, but my point is if DJI made a clip and went through the channels to get an actor on this clip playing with the phantom 5 or phantom x as they call it I think people should start looking at that two year old video because yea most of the feature that phantom x has the p4p has but there is also a lot it don’t have that that phantom x has like folding in landing gear, it’s a different sleeker looking body that’s like a tan or army greenish color wich looks really good on it, and it has this feature where you see them throwing it in the air and the phantom just snaps to life and hovers in place, it also had a scene where it was following the actress on a mountain bike as she speeded down this trial and the phantom x was ducking under limbs and going around trees at a really high speed, it looked like it had a way more advanced obstacle avoidance system, so if you haven’t seen this video by DJI you should check it out on YouTube. It’s called the Phantom X concept. And sorry if you’ve already read me talking about it on another post or if you have already seen it, I just have a feeling they are definitely going to use some features and designs from that video on there newest phantom! Thankyou for your response sorry I blew you up with my constant typing like a chatter box.

I have a P4P and purchased a Mavic Pro for portability.

As an observation.

This is not a criticism or an insult. Merely a great quote to peruse and consider.

"Since brevity is the soul of wit / And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes, I will be brief…”

Shakespeare
Hamlet

You're obviously somewhat concerned about the quality of the camera on your next platform.
With that in mind, given the current available options, I'd look nowhere else than the Mavic for a portable "whip out and chuck in the air" option.
Yes, the camera isn't as good as on the P4P, but nothing short of the Inspire2 is anyway. However, if, like me, you're on an aerial photography learning curve, I worry you'd outgrow the Spark very quickly as you find out the things you can do with the P4P, and thus discover the many shortcomings of the Spark. Not to mention the difference in image/video quality.
Another thing to consider is the weather. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I struggle to believe the Spark can handle anywhere near the wind the Mavic will withstand.
Just my tuppence, I bought my drone solely for the photography aspect and I know already that I'll probably fancy something more portable in the future. It'll be Mavic for sure as I couldn't live with all the compromises I'd face with the Spark.

I have a P4P and purchased a Mavic Pro for portability.

As an observation.

This is not a criticism or an insult. Merely a great quote to peruse and consider.

"Since brevity is the soul of wit / And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes, I will be brief…”

Shakespeare
Hamlet
:cool:

You're obviously somewhat concerned about the quality of the camera on your next platform.
With that in mind, given the current available options, I'd look nowhere else than the Mavic for a portable "whip out and chuck in the air" option.
Yes, the camera isn't as good as on the P4P, but nothing short of the Inspire2 is anyway. However, if, like me, you're on an aerial photography learning curve, I worry you'd outgrow the Spark very quickly as you find out the things you can do with the P4P, and thus discover the many shortcomings of the Spark. Not to mention the difference in image/video quality.
Another thing to consider is the weather. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I struggle to believe the Spark can handle anywhere near the wind the Mavic will withstand.
Just my tuppence, I bought my drone solely for the photography aspect and I know already that I'll probably fancy something more portable in the future. It'll be Mavic for sure as I couldn't live with all the compromises I'd face with the Spark.
Yes, I think you may be right along with others, so I have also thought of getting a second p4p+ or p4p but in the obsidian color, if not I have been also considering the Mavic Pro Platinum, I guess I got some decisions lol, thankyou for your feedback.

I would get the maveric pro ,,,My inspire 2 gets flew the least. Big ad takes a lot more time. I fly phantom 4, will get a maveric in few weeks myself

Hi everyone, I need feedback. I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro +, but I want another drone because I would like to have more than one, and Christmas is coming up and I have a little bit of money saved up to put with Christmas to get the a drone I have my eye on for professional photography for hobbyists, because that’s all I am right now but I am learning to hopefully one day be a professional. Anyway I have my eye on the Inspire 1 v2.0, and that’s the only inspire I can afford right now, but I figure after I get it I can save up a little more money and get the X5 zemuse camera, but for this Christmas and the time being I will get the Inspire 1 v2.0 with the stock Z3 camera. Now I’m kinda split because ino the Phantom 4 Pro + is got a better quality cam than the z3, but it doesn’t turn around 360 degrees, and the Inspire looks more durable and it can take different cameras, and looks cooler and like it can take wind better etc. Now, on the other hand, I need another drone for the sake of having an extra if the one I have breaks down and I have to wait for it to be fixed or replaced, but with the Phantom 4 Pro + being so advanced in technology, I also would like to have something smaller, faster to charge, easier to take with me and can fit in my backpack, also I don’t mind having 1080p footage on the go, so I have my other eye on the spark because it’s small it’s easy to carry and I would save a lot of that money that I’ve been saving up because I could get the spark for Christmas no prob without having to throw money in and it would be a perfect backup drone and drone for on the go. So I have this decision to make, upgrade to Inspire 1 v2.0 for a second drone and have a spare professional level drone, or get a spark as my second drone, and have a nice little on the go backup drone. Please tell me what you guys think on this and wich I should go for. I need feedback. Thankyou.
You got too much money to burn.

Reactions: Kenley101
Actually, if you want to get seriously into photography on a professional level, have you thought of getting hold of a DSLR camera? It would give you time to properly learn the ins and outs of photography without the added stress of your expensive camera floating about in mid air, only connected by means of a sketchy app on a temperamental tablet.

just get another p4p and use it.
Yes sir, my decision has now changed to getting the Mavic Pro Platinum, or the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian. Thankyou for you input and please let me know wich one you would choose.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl