Hi from Miami, first time pilot. :) (Phantom 4)

Reaction score
Finally decided to get going in my learning. Bought my first drone (Phantom 4) but it was in the box since September, Finally got over my fears and unboxed and started to learn. I did get two crashes in my first two days but finally no more crashes :) But a dinged up Phantom 4 with a slighly damaged Gimbal but it works.

I am amazed at how this tech works and plan on getting proficient. I did find a special for 750 for another P4 (Thanks to the forums) so now I have an extra coming in just in case I really mess up.

So far I am staying under 130 feet altitude and stating not too far from my house. Still a bit intimidating. I did register the drone and do the Airmap notifications since there are helipads all over the area.

Looking forward to learn more about these amazing drones. I could only Imagine 10 years from now what kind of drones will we be looking forward to. The video quality is amazing!! I am definitely hooked.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome! I enjoy hearing from new drone operators who are so excited to fly. Thanks for saying hello.

Last edited:
Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Thanks i definately look forward to learning about this and posting some material. Its amazing to see this technology at work. I used to be into model rocketry in the late 80s and i thought flying rockets to retrive photos taken on 110 film. This takes it several notches higher :) never got into RC planes since I would have crashed them.

These drones make it possible to have the fun with a supercomputer as your copilot. :)

The CPU in these drones would rival a Cray supercomputer in the late 80s early 90s.

Love watching the footage on my 27inch iMac :)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

i am hoping and looking to find others, with as many drones out there, one would think there would be people that fly them, I am down in the kendale lakes area, hook up to fly sometimes? let me know, email is>> [email protected]
I read one person here say tropical park, over by bird and about 75 ave or so? any other areas in southwest dade county?
[oh ya, i own a SG700-D, 720p, two cams, this is my first, so it was the cheapest, but it has a lot going for it. have flown it once and it is smooth, and easy to fly. anyone else own one of those? ]
Howard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan