Here vs Google Earth Maps and cacheing ...

The map caching procedure, described above, for DJI Go v 3.1.1 is now working for me. The "here" maps are caching, OK. The map detail still isn't real great. Not as good as Google maps.

IMG_1357.PNG
IMG_1356.PNG

I love the map part of dji go, apparently where I fly is open fields, at least thats what the map shows. The 20 odd giant wind turbines have been there for a fair number of years now, our local residential park that has 100s of static caravans on it shows as a nice lake with nothing built around it.

Last edited:
Not understanding why you would need to have the drone or RC powered up to cache maps. I never do, and the maps get cached into my device's memory. The Go app goes to the map screen just fine on Android at least, with just my device powered on.

You are lucky then ... because my Android Go just sits on Mavic and will not go to any screen without wifi from RC ...Nigel

Not understanding why you would need to have the drone or RC powered up to cache maps. I never do, and the maps get cached into my device's memory. The Go app goes to the map screen just fine on Android at least, with just my device powered on.
Same here.
Using 3.0.1 on Android.
When I open the Go app, and not connected to the RC or Phantom, it is on a Mavic screen, but I can swipe left twice, bring up the Phantom screen, then I can choose P3S, and hit the camera button.
The camera view opens, and I can cache maps from there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You are lucky then ... because my Android Go just sits on Mavic and will not go to any screen without wifi from RC ...Nigel
Did you read post #24, did you try that ?
That's how I've been doing it myself, never spelled it out cuz I thought it was kind of an obvious thing.

Last edited:
Time a proper instruction was given !!

Nigel

Time a proper instruction was given !!
Nigel

I'm gonna bring it up again. I'm using DJI Go 3.1.1 on an android device. I can cache the Here maps, just fine when I'm connected to my home wifi. The caching works until I shut off AC, RC and Android at home before going to fly. When I turn everything back on, at the flying field, I have no map. Just a green blob.
Perhaps, I am missing a step in the correct procedure. I have read the procedure by Phantomhelp. I think I am following it. Maybe I just need to have the process explained differently. Thanks

I'm gonna bring it up again. I'm using DJI Go 3.1.1 on an android device. I can cache the Here maps, just fine when I'm connected to my home wifi. The caching works until I shut off AC, RC and Android at home before going to fly. When I turn everything back on, at the flying field, I have no map. Just a green blob.
Perhaps, I am missing a step in the correct procedure. I have read the procedure by Phantomhelp. I think I am following it. Maybe I just need to have the process explained differently. Thanks
Try leaving your device on, some devices need left on. Doing a power cycle clears the memory.

Tested. Cache maps while connected to home wifi. Check. Works fine. Turn off wifi. Maps still there. Turn off Android. Turn Android back on. Home wifi still off. Maps still there. So, its not clearing the memory when I power off the Android.

edit: Tested again. Cached maps.. Turn Android off, then on... no maps. So, maybe it does clear memory at power off. Now to try a flight while Android is always on.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4