HELP! Unusual P3A start-up problems, connects OK but camera drops forward

Reaction score
P3A startup problem - not seem this before, hopefully a quick fix?
Not flown for maybe 2 months, charged all batteries last night.
Went to fly today but had a couple of issues:
1. Can't get a transmission signal to the controller (RC connects OK with green LED) but error on the screen says 'No transmission signal'
2. About 10 seconds after the startup beeps on the aircraft, the camera drops down to about 30 degrees and cannot be controlled by the wheel on the RC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys - thank you.

Last edited:
P3A startup problem - not seem this before, hopefully a quick fix?
Not flown for maybe 2 months, charged all batteries last night.
Went to fly today but had a couple of issues:
1. Can't get a transmission signal to the controller (RC connects OK with green LED) but error on the screen says 'No transmission signal'
2. About 10 seconds after the startup beeps on the aircraft, the camera drops down to about 30 degrees and cannot be controlled by the wheel on the RC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys - thank you.

Have you done any updates?

What happens if you start up your Phantom after removing the memory card?

What happens if you start up your Phantom after removing the memory card?

Hi msinger, I tried it without the card and same effect. Interestingly, I couldn't update the FW initially so tried a tip from one of your other forum posts about trying a different SD card and that appeared to start the upgrade OK. Now, the problem I seem to have is that the D-D-D-D is still going after 45 mins? Any thoughts?

D-D-D-D usually means the firmware update is installing. I've never seen one where the gimbal light was off and/or that continued for 45 minutes.

D-D-D-D usually means the firmware update is installing. I've never seen one where the gimbal light was off and/or that continued for 45 minutes.

Stopped the upgrade, the txt says upgrading. It’s still on the old FW so didn’t even attempt it. Very odd.

Are you sure you didn't install (or attempt to install) any firmware between the last time all work as expected and when the camera started dropping?

I'm guessing either the gray cable at the top of the gimbal needs to be reseated or your gimbal ribbon cable is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Last edited:
I agree it would make sense. Is it easy to reseat the cables? I’ll have a try before sending for repair [emoji106]

is it worth reseating the black flat ribbon cable do you think?
No. It would be worth visually inspecting it for damage though.

No visible damage, looks like I will have to send it for repair. I'm looking at Dronedoctor in the UK, do you have any other UK recommendations? Many thanks for all your help :)

That appears to be the only recommended DJI service center in the UK. I don't have any other recommendations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl