Help to diagnose whats wrong after minor crash.

Reaction score
Hi guys, yesterday i had a "minor" or not really violent crash after trying to get control when my Phantom 2 trigger RTH, from a very low altitude ( 8 meters ).
The quad didnt crack or broke anything from the outside, ..... nothing not eaven a prop. gimball working, everything ok ....... untill ....... i try to fly it / test it, and is giving me a constant red blinking lights. Try to compas calibration, and nothing, it did went yellow to calibrate, and green, and after the dance, just goes red blinking agein.
Got home and open the unit to see if there was some loose gps or nasa cable loose, but nope.
For what i google, it looks like my Nasa went dead........ :( Im a wrong ?
i just need your help becouse im base on Mexico Cancun, and ill have to order online the rep part, and i wanna be really sure about it.
Also, i just find out about Naza and Naza V2, the one the i have on mine i think its the Naza ( regular one ) not the V2, Can you please point me out wich one should i get ? and if is not to much to ask .... from where can i get it ? ( a trusted online store )
Thank you so much for your time and help !!!

Estevan

Hook your P2 the assistant software and do an advanced IMU calibration when finished take it outside and calibrate the compass and you should be good to go.

If message comes up while doing the IMU saying it's to warm delete that message and it will continue with the calibration.

Reactions: Birdu2
Hi guys, yes, i can start the motors, i hooked up agein the the Dj Sof Asst. but this time on my windows machine, and i got a message telling me there was a bad cell. So i changed the batt and look like that was the problem, after that, i got a msg telling me the a needed to perform an advance imu calibration, like Jason mention to do, with the issue now that the phantom is giving me 3/4 very rapid yellow lights, and wont go throu the complete calibration ....If i star the phantom disconnected from the assistant software, everything looks ok ( light wise ). Any idea ??

When that message appears tell you to discontinue IMU cal because it is to warm. That is an error message which you can delete by keying on the RED x in the upper righthand corner of that message and the calibration will continue. That IMU cal can take up to 2 minutes to complete.

Thanks Jason, this keeps on getting wired and wired .... I run a virtual machine on my MacBook Pro, and the Soft *** from OSX acts different then Virtual XP, finally i did the IMU Adv Calibration, the constant red light flashin cause looks like its from bad cel / bad batt. .... unfortunatley not only the one that was involved in the crash, but also a second one ( out of 3 the i have ) went bad .... by coincidence ..... i guess ..... ?? I will perform a compas calibration and flight test tomorrow on a open field and see whats going on. Ill keep you updated, thank you for your time and help !

You also be receiving that battery warning because the two small info pins are not making a solid connection with the battery. Those pin are spring loaded so make sure they retracking freely. Also clean the battery terminals with a cotton swab and alcohol.

Do you have a wifi connection at home on you computer? Would you also own a tablet? Myself I own a stream 7 tablet and have download all the firmware for the P2 on it for use in the field. It comes handy as I can check all footage while on location just in case something has to be re-shot.
So if your Mac is a problem a tablet running windows 8.1 can come in real handy.

Hi Jason, thank you for your tips ! I check everything and clean it, still 4 red lights .... its wird .... but hey, i guess better the have a bad IMU, i still have 1 batt left to fly :) Is there any way to check a bett ??
I dont own a tablet, looking foward to it, its a great tool t to do exactley what you do on location.
Agein, thank you for your time and help !!! :)

Hi guys, yes, i can start the motors, i hooked up agein the the Dj Sof Asst. but this time on my windows machine, and i got a message telling me there was a bad cell. So i changed the batt and look like that was the problem, after that, i got a msg telling me the a needed to perform an advance imu calibration, like Jason mention to do, with the issue now that the phantom is giving me 3/4 very rapid yellow lights, and wont go throu the complete calibration ....If i star the phantom disconnected from the assistant software, everything looks ok ( light wise ). Any idea ??

DO NOT FLY WITH A BAD IMU!!! The IMU is the balancing sensors.
If your phantom is on for more than 10 seconds or so, the MC temp warning will appear. The longer you have the phantom on, the longer the IMU calibration will take (and it will fail sometimes).
Do a proper calibration and prevent that warning from appearing. To do this, make sure you haven't flown the phantom for an hour. Find a levelled surface. Start the Phantom assist > goto Adv Calibration screen. Plug phantom in and power her up and do the calibration immediately!!!. This will prevent the warning from appearing. It should give you green ticks in less than 2 minutes.

Not sure how bad your crash was, but in my case the GPS sensor in the top shell had cracked. So gps wasn't working 100% anymore. Might want to take a look at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers