Help phantom 2

Reaction score
Hello everyone . I hope I got the correct
after reading some of the post, you guys very positive and if I go in about this, the wrong way, forgive me but I’m brandknew to it all. I happen to come across a phantom 2 in not so bad shape for $60. I would assume missing some parts due to it Make some noises that I don’t think it should be making and lights blinking when I don’t think it should blinking. So search on Internet to how to fix or repair and come across this group. Can anybody help me with any idea where to start to start trying to diagnose the issue. Or does anybody know of any beginner videos? I appreciate you and in advance and thank you.

Reactions: BillyN
What P2* do you have, I didn't know until I looked at this website, DJI Phantom 2 Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help,
That there was just a P2

Is that what you have?

Rod ..
Rod,
I don’t wanna sound stupid, but how do I find that out? 🤦🏽‍♂️which I probably sound stupid, I know nothing about drones. I found this one online for very cheap price and I thought I’d give it a try. And I hope these pictures to give you that information.

Attachments

• IMG_6676.jpeg
    IMG_6676.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6675.jpeg
    IMG_6675.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6674.jpeg
    IMG_6674.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6671.jpeg
    IMG_6671.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6672.jpeg
    IMG_6672.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6673.jpeg
    IMG_6673.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 72
Thank you Rod, for the quick start. I possibly think there’s maybe something wrong with it. When I plug it in and turn it on one of the motors constantly beeps and the controller constantly beeps. Could you possible send any info to how diagnose the two or is there any list of codes, cheat’s sheets on diagnostics? I appreciate all the help.
Any info will help I’m not sure if it’s

Rod any info will help. Anything I’m not sure if it’s even hooked up correctly meaning the wires also, is there any place you can find information about parts and what they do and how they operate etc. Rod, I got a a blink yellow lights on the battery side left wing

Attachments

• IMG_6699.jpeg
    IMG_6699.jpeg
    490.8 KB · Views: 62
Rod, I got an undate. I changed the Battery in the remote and stop beeping. I opened up the motor that was beeping adjusted it and it stop beeping (I need to get a new one) don’t know what I did but it’s not beeping anymore I tried to calibrate the first 360 tern get a green light as I
OK Rod I got the update. I change the batteries. The remote stopped beeping. Of course I should’ve read that. I opened up the motor that was beeping. I touched around little bit move some wires at stop and possibly may have to get a new one. I have no clue why it stopped or what made it stop, I go to calibrate it the first 360 turns solid green the horizontal 360 turns solid yellow and then he goes to a red?

Thank you Rod, for the quick start. I possibly think there’s maybe something wrong with it. When I plug it in and turn it on one of the motors constantly beeps and the controller constantly beeps. Could you possible send any info to how diagnose the two or is there any list of codes, cheat’s sheets on diagnostics? I appreciate all the help.

Did you look at the link in this post?

Look for manuals.
@msinger info is very impressive.

Rod ..

I found this by accident.
I was shocked brand new out the box.
My P2V+ cost me $1400 in 2015, with an extra battery. :rolleyes:

Rod ..

I found this by accident.
I was shocked brand new out the box.
My P2V+ cost me $1400 in 2015, with an extra battery. :rolleyes:

Rod ..
Rod, Thank you for all the info. I can’t get it to calibrate correctly so I did notice some not to great soldering job on the circuitboard and possibly that could be causing it to malfunction I’m going to be ordering a main circuit board. And try to go piece by piece to diagnose the problem. Any suggestions on anything or upgrades I should purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_7048.jpeg
    IMG_7048.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: RodPad
You disappeared for awhile. :)

That is a nasty solder joint, OMG!
So I guess what is the MB going to cost.?
Whats your over all investment so far?

A looked at this thread again, your having fun and learning so.👍👍👌

Rod ..

Rod ..

Rod ..
Rod,
Thank you again. I will be in it about $110 after buying the main board. Do you think it would be wise to spend the money. Who know what else I would need to buy. I also notice DJI phantom 2 spare parts are kind of hard to find. What I wanted to get a drone for is photography and videos? Any suggestion? Build a diy or just continue to put the money into this one?

If your having fun, go with it, and if you already have a camera to put on it.

Otherwise, what if it crashes etc. screws up this camera?

I been in the stuff since 2015.
Anybody I see that signs on new here or the Mavic forum. "I good day can go bad FAST!"

I was into $1400 on a P2V+, I still never found it.

Rod ..

If your having fun, go with it, and if you already have a camera to put on it.

Otherwise, what if it crashes etc. screws up this camera?

I been in the stuff since 2015.
Anybody I see that signs on new here or the Mavic forum. "I good day can go bad FAST!"

I was into $1400 on a P2V+, I still never found it.

Rod ..
Rod,
That was another question I was going to ask it came with a gimbal, Zeus’s h33D gimbal but no camera attached to it. And it looks like it was built for some type of camera is that camera available or do should I just buy a whole new gimbal and the new camera? Shall I can’t seem to find the camera plate or shell of the camera that attaches to the gimbal by itself hope that makes sense?

"Rod,
Thank you again. I will be in it about $110 after buying the main board. Do you think it would be wise to spend the money. Who know what else I would need to buy. I also notice DJI phantom 2 spare parts are kind of hard to find. What I wanted to get a drone for is photography and videos? Any suggestion? Build a diy or just continue to put the money into this one?
"
That was your question.

"Rod,
That was another question I was going to ask it came with a gimbal, Zeus’s h33D gimbal but no camera attached to it. And it looks like it was built for some type of camera is that camera available or do should I just buy a whole new gimbal and the new camera? Shall I can’t seem to find the camera plate or shell of the camera that attaches to the gimbal by itself hope that makes sense?
"
I have know clue about this question. 👌

Rod ..

Man you picked a hard one. There isn't any magic guides to help you. The info is out here but its hard to find. First off.. where are you? Do you know about electronics? Your in for a challenge. Dji is very closed fist with their tech. They wont be any help. Msinger and others on this forum are the guru's you seek.. Information is the key. You must find out all you can about your drone so that the right answers can be asked. I have a P2plus with working camera but transmitter has lost programing. Many of the P2ss will have suffered this same fate. Yours as well. Help is here but it will take time.

Man you picked a hard one. There isn't any magic guides to help you. The info is out here but its hard to find. First off.. where are you? Do you know about electronics? Your in for a challenge. Dji is very closed fist with their tech. They wont be any help. Msinger and others on this forum are the guru's you seek.. Information is the key. You must find out all you can about your drone so that the right answers can be asked. I have a P2plus with working camera but transmitter has lost programing. Many of the P2ss will have suffered this same fate. Yours as well. Help is here but it will take time.
"Rod,
"
That was your question.

"Rod,
"
I have know clue about this question. 👌

Rod ..

Attachments

• IMG_7099.jpeg
    IMG_7099.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 42

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads