Help please.

Reaction score
I upgraded the firmware yesterday as instructed by the app. Once completed, turned off the drone and the remote and then turned both back on again as you do.
I then had a god awful siren like beep maybe half a second long with a second gap. After installing the firmware again, (it obviously failed yesterday, as I was instructed again to do it), this now happens. I've loved in the manual, but this light array isn't listed (unless I can't see the wood for the trees).
I tried to upload a video, but it won't load... The tail lights flash green Amber red in quick succession. And I have a beep beep and the camera drops then picks up again.
Any idea folks? (Apart from put it back in the box and return to the store as I'm too stupid to own one).
Thanks in advance
Kev

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Now everything seems to OK apart from the gimbal keeps flopping the camera down and then lifts it back up.
Anyone else had this problem?

Now everything seems to OK apart from the gimbal keeps flopping the camera down and then lifts it back up.
Anyone else had this problem?

If the camera dance is only happening at startup that is normal.

No, that one sort of turns in all directions. This is like stiff and straight ahead, then flops down then straightens back up again and so on

I'm no expert, so this is only a suggestion. Try doing a IMU calibration from the GoApp on your bird. Sometimes updates have a negative affect on that. You can do a gimbal calibration also if necessary.

Thanks. I'll try that. It's as if the power is cut to the gimbal... Strange

..... This is like stiff and straight ahead, then flops down then straightens back up again and so on

You don't by chance have a filter mounted on your camera do you?
Another user had the exact issue, and it was due to filters that he installed on the camera. They were too heavy, and overloaded the pitch motor, resulting in the camera dropping down, then picking back up as you have explained.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: captainmilehigh
You don't by chance have a filter mounted on your camera do you?
Another user had the exact issue, and it was due to filters that he installed on the camera. They were too heavy, and overloaded the pitch motor, resulting in the camera dropping down, then picking back up as you have explained.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
That's a good point. Hadn't thought to ask him that.

That's exactly what it was! I removed the hood and the camera stayed still. It also felt quite hot too.
Thanks for all the help guys. Might try another flight tomorrow unless the weather closes in.... Summer doesn't last too long in Blighty

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl