Help! Phantom wobbles in mid air

Reaction score
Help! Got a phantom 1 as a bday gift. Tried it out today. First had difficulty in take off then was able to figure it out. Finally able to take it off but it wobbles in mid air and then crashes. Don't know what to do. Calibrated imu and compass. Check propellers, everthing looked good. Trying to upload a video but not the correct extension so still trying to find out how to succesfully upload it. Hope someone can help me with this. Thanks.

Welcome back to the party jaymitch.

If you answer my questions, I might be able to answer yours. :D

Ever flown anything like this before?
What's your elevation?
Did you get 2 sets of 20 flashing green lights before starting the motors?
What did you hang on the bird for a camera? Provide a link please, unless you want to say what it weighs.
Do you know if you are flying in "GPS" or "ATTI" mode?
Did you calibrate the controller in the NAZA assistant?

Here's a great way to find things here. Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Welcome back to the party jaymitch.

If you answer my questions, I might be able to answer yours. :D

Ever flown anything like this before?
What's your elevation?
Did you get 2 sets of 20 flashing green lights before starting the motors?
What did you hang on the bird for a camera? Provide a link please, unless you want to say what it weighs.
Do you know if you are flying in "GPS" or "ATTI" mode?
Did you calibrate the controller in the NAZA assistant?

Here's a great way to find things here. Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

hi! This is my first time flying a drone :)
Elevation is 564feet, that's from google.
Not sure about the 20 sets of green lights. When kept getting green lights instead of alternate red green, i just waited like 10seconds or so before starting the motors.
Hang a go pro 4 with black out casing.
Flying GPS mode.
I did calibrate the controller in the NaZA assistant.

Will post a video also :) it is windy from where i was flying it.

hi! This is my first time flying a drone :)
Elevation is 564feet, that's from google.
Not sure about the 20 sets of green lights. When kept getting green lights instead of alternate red green, i just waited like 10seconds or so before starting the motors.
Hang a go pro 4 with black out casing.
Flying GPS mode.
I did calibrate the controller in the NaZA assistant.

Will post a video also :) it is windy from where i was flying it.

I fly in the wind too. Was it over 20 mph and were you in smooth wind or behind a building or trees?

Ya gotta watch for the lights, period, end of discussion, no choices, no if's ands or butts. ;)

Power up the controller, that thing you hold in your hand. No, I'm not being a smartass.
Power up the bird and watch the LED on the back of the bird. Don't take your eyes off of it.
If you don't eventually see 2 DIFFERENT sets of 20 green flashes, followed by only green,
don't plan to be able to fly in GPS.

You can go outside now and look for what I said. If you're somewhere where it's dark, I wouldn't suggest flying though.

I fly in the wind too. Was it over 20 mph and were you in smooth wind or behind a building or trees?

Ya gotta watch for the lights, period, end of discussion, no choices, no if's ands or butts. ;)

Power up the controller, that thing you hold in your hand. No, I'm not being a smartass.
Power up the bird and watch the LED on the back of the bird. Don't take your eyes off of it.
If you don't eventually see 2 DIFFERENT sets of 20 green flashes, followed by only green,
don't plan to be able to fly in GPS.

You can go outside now and look for what I said. If you're somewhere where it's dark, I wouldn't suggest flying though.

It's already dark outside. I will try it tomorrow. Will definitely watch for those lights. The video that i watched just said something about constant green lights so that's what i did.

Could not post the video here because of the format but just uploaded in you tube and here's the link

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't know the speed of the wind but felt like just had some gusts here and there.

That's funny as all git out.

Something's really out of whack.:(:(:(:(:eek::eek::eek:

Upload to youtube and upload link is what I do too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan