Help on used P4P I found

Not upside down. With it resting on its back arms camera facing towards the sky

Here is the link it’s post number 10

Thanks to Starz, the first problem (not starting the motors with sticks down and in) was an easy fix. the previous owner had the stickmode set in some kind of weird way. Changed back to mode 2 and voila!
The two batteries and the RC charged up perfect.
Now for the 2nd issue. The camera is off center. 5-10 degrees to the left (my left, facing the drone, camera pointing at me). I did a complete recalibration of the IMU, Compass, and Gimbal (which I had to do with the camera facing up instead of forward, as it would freeze at 50% when calibrating face forward). All completed except the camera is still off center.
MTW4518 post has the link to DJI forum discussion on this issue. This issue may occur if the gimbal is skewed due to shaking in transportation, and the rubber gimbal ring moves toward one side. To fix this issue, manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the tilt until it reaches its limit. Do this several times, and the gimbal should be centered.
My used drone did not have a gimbal guard, so it fits the description of having been "skewed due to shaking in transportation". Sounds awfully risky to me. Has anyone here used this fix? Guidance wanted and appreciated.

I didn’t monkey at all around with the camera I just followed the post number 10 I was talking about. I just did the camera calibration with the drone sitting on its back arms with the camera facing towards the sky. The camera than centered itself just fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1