Help, My Drone fell out of the sky, what can i do?

Did you buy the shafts or make them? If you made them I'm interested in possibly getting some made.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had a Crossbow shaft that was damaged , that I used . I measured each gap between the Guards & cut the Shat pieces to those measurements , because they were all not the same distance between them & I wanted them to fit somewhat snugly .
It was a 20" shaft & there was plenty to do it , I had a couple inches left over ,not enough for a spare , but I was glad I didn't have to use a good one to finish .
Find a friend or a friend of a friend that has some damaged shafts to use , if they are in to archery ,& shoot enough , they will have some damaged .

I had a Crossbow shaft that was damaged , that I used . I measured each gap between the Guards & cut the Shat pieces to those measurements , because they were all not the same distance between them & I wanted them to fit somewhat snugly .
It was a 20" shaft & there was plenty to do it , I had a couple inches left over ,not enough for a spare , but I was glad I didn't have to use a good one to finish .
Find a friend or a friend of a friend that has some damaged shafts to use , if they are in to archery ,& shoot enough , they will have some damaged .

How did you attach the arrow shafts to the Prop Guards?

To bad only the original poster can change the title of the thread. :)

Rod

First, I apologize if this is a repeat of someone's reply.
Second, I don't own a quad yet, so my response is worth the price charged, ZERO [emoji16]

OP stated he recently installed prop guards and that got me to thinking. Not sure if this is recommended, or if it is recommended, or if not than maybe it should be recommended:

I'd recommend that ANYTIME the flight characteristics are changed (prop guard install/removal/lights/etc), and I mean anything that affects space/weight/flight dynamics is changed, then the pilot should recalibrate the IMU and the Compass...

My 2 cents

W

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

OP stated he recently installed prop guards and that got me to thinking. Not sure if this is recommended...
I'd recommend that ANYTIME the flight characteristics are changed (prop guard install/removal/lights/etc) ....then the pilot should recalibrate the IMU...]

Hi, understand suggestion made with best intent but it's not quite correct. Firstly FYI optional prop guards are optional, very useful for some situations but it is quite incorrect to suggest recalibration is required, it's not, and DJI has stopped recommending recalibration of compass if just in a slightly different location. In other words, recalibration can unintentionally make things worse - best to do it only in prescribed conditions and when prompted to or necessary..

- Phantom P3A and P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

Reactions: WSCorp65
This post should be deleted, possible troll, signs up creates one thread an never to be seen again

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z