Help! Drone Disconnecting After Taking Off

Reaction score
DJI just sent me a replacement drone for one that I crashed a few weeks ago. The day the new one arrived, I paired it with my existing controller and took it out to be sure all was good. I only flew it for a minute or two.
Last Saturday was the next time I used it. I launched it and after it got only a short distance, maybe 130ft, the screen went black. I got a weak signal message on the controller and it said adjust antenna. Then it said it lost connection and asked if I wanted to RTH. Since it was still very close to me, I said no, and I brought it back down. I tried it again just now and same thing happens. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 6 088.PNG
    6 088.PNG
    547.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 6 087.PNG
    6 087.PNG
    586.6 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
en it said it lost connection and asked if I wanted to RTH. Since it was still very close to me, I said no, and I brought it back down. I tried it again just now and same thing happens. Any ideas?
From your image, it appears as though telemetry is transmitting. Video and Telemetry are transmitted together. If you are not getting video, I would suspect an aircraft gimbal issue of some sort. I will be willing to bet that this aircraft has the latest firmware which also has been an issue for some.

Yes, the telemetry is coming through to the controller fine. It is just the video that is not. Yes, it has the latest firmware. Any suggestions as to a fix? Send it back to DJI?

I deleted the DJI Go app on my iPad, downloaded a freash one and installed it. No change.

Just what firmware is showing up in the remote controller...touch the tiny bars in the upper right corner of the screen and when it opens UP...scroll to the bottom.....you will have a list of the firmware version and App version.... we are all waiting for that set of numbers !

Reactions: Capt KO
All seems to be the latest version.

I have been flying Phantoms for about 3 years now. Never had this issue. And everything was fine until I crashed and sent it in for repairs. DJI sent me a different drone, which appears to be brand new. It may just be refurbished, but it looks new.

Yes, it is V2.0.

I just tried to fly it again, after checking all the firmware one last time and restarting everything, replacing the cable again, and installing the app again. Still the same thing. Drone got about 120ft from me and disconnected.

I am sending it back to DJI.

Yes, it is V2.0.

I just tried to fly it again, after checking all the firmware one last time and restarting everything, replacing the cable again, and installing the app again. Still the same thing. Drone got about 120ft from me and disconnected.

I am sending it back to DJI.
If you're using an iPad with Wifi only, and it's ON but not connected to an access point (such as a cellphone), this can create video downlink interference, even at close range. The wifi of the iPad is constantly searching for an access point, checking all wifi channels. Since this is right next to the RC, it can interfere with the video downlink on channels that are near the frequency the craft is using. I've seen this only on 2.4Ghz band. On the 5.8 band it hasn't been a problem on P4P. Have you tried flying 5.8Ghz AUTO? That's what works best for me for distance, getting a 3mi range, but I don't have OcuSync like you.

If you're using an iPad with Wifi only, and it's ON but not connected to an access point (such as a cellphone), this can create video downlink interference, even at close range. The wifi of the iPad is constantly searching for an access point, checking all wifi channels. Since this is right next to the RC, it can interfere with the video downlink on channels that are near the frequency the craft is using. I've seen this only on 2.4Ghz band. On the 5.8 band it hasn't been a problem on P4P. Have you tried flying 5.8Ghz AUTO? That's what works best for me for distance, getting a 3mi range, but I don't have OcuSync like you.

I have the P4 V2 also. And a WiFi only iPad. Always use my iPhone hotspot to get network connection with the iPad. Never have any issues this way.
If you’re in an area with no cell service,I’d guess turning off the WiFi would be the way to go.

I have the P4 V2 also. And a WiFi only iPad. Always use my iPhone hotspot to get network connection with the iPad. Never have any issues this way.
If you’re in an area with no cell service,I’d guess turning off the WiFi would be the way to go.
Correct. If your wifi is connected to our phone access point, that works fine. The problem is when the wifi ISN'T connected to an access point, but the iPad Wifi is turned on LOOKING for an access point, constantly searching every wifi channel, endlessly, with no connection, that becomes a problem. If you fly on 5.8Ghz AUTO, I haven't see this anomaly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic