Help after crash

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I had my P2V+ out today and all was good until I lost signal and the come home crashed my bird into a cliff!!!!!!!
Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, despite a lot of scuffs and minor damage, all is well EXCEPT....

I now have no telemetry or battery info. Live feed is fine so I assume the wifi module is fine. The issue is with the cables to the gimbal. The 4 wire connection has come out of its connector ( I assume this is the link between the telemetry and the wifi module as the camera and gimbal work fine.

Now my question is... will I be able to repair the cable with a new connector (I'll attach pics in a bit with my phone) or does anyone have a spare cable I could buy?

Many thanks and have a great Xmas.

Hey Bud,
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, those cliffs can be a ( you know what ) , but glad not to much damage to your bird! That is good, as it could have been much worse!

Ok
Repair with new connector
This will require, a new connector ( gh )
New pins
And a crimping tool ( pa-09 )
Will cost over $20us ( tool is $19 ) but required

Or
Buy a P2v+ cable set on eBay for $8-$12 and it comes with new wires, will require you opening the bird, and some finagling the wires through , hardest part is the USB locking clamp, rest is pretty easy.

But I'd order the new set honestly, then you will also have other parts for future needs?

I do have the wire you need, and if you are in the USA, I'd be happy to send it to you ( but with holidays upon us, I'm not sure how long shipping will take? ) or if you are in a hurry to fix it?

Just let me know?

J Dot
:cool:

Hi guys,
I had my P2V+ out today and all was good until I lost signal and the come home crashed my bird into a cliff!!!!!!!
Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, despite a lot of scuffs and minor damage, all is well EXCEPT....

I now have no telemetry or battery info. Live feed is fine so I assume the wifi module is fine. The issue is with the cables to the gimbal. The 4 wire connection has come out of its connector ( I assume this is the link between the telemetry and the wifi module as the camera and gimbal work fine.

Now my question is... will I be able to repair the cable with a new connector (I'll attach pics in a bit with my phone) or does anyone have a spare cable I could buy?

Many thanks and have a great Xmas.

This cable pack may be what you are after
DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Part P2VP-08 Cable pack - OEM - US Dealer | eBay

Reactions: J Dot
Many thanks guys,

I am in aus so may be an issue but looing at the ebay link...

I have my bird open and from what I can see, the cable has 4 wires at the gimbal end and separates into 2x2 in the bird (one end goes directly to the wifi module and the other to a wide connector on the main board). In the ebay set, does this mean I'l need to pull the 4 wire set off the main set in order to replace or would you recommend replacing the entire set?

OR

Jdot... do you have just the cable I'm after? Would you post to Aus?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Many thanks guys,

I am in aus so may be an issue but looing at the ebay link...

I have my bird open and from what I can see, the cable has 4 wires at the gimbal end and separates into 2x2 in the bird (one end goes directly to the wifi module and the other to a wide connector on the main board). In the ebay set, does this mean I'l need to pull the 4 wire set off the main set in order to replace or would you recommend replacing the entire set?

OR

Jdot... do you have just the cable I'm after? Would you post to Aus?

Many thanks

Is it the two circled wires on this picture ?

ppfpic.jpg

if so isnt this the cable shown with the red circle around it, looks like you replace the whole cable set as one

pppfic.jpg

Reactions: Pthechemist
Yep, that's the one but on my bird, they are 3 separate ribbons.

Thanks
Yeah you may need to remove the whole lot and replace as one piece if they can't be split

Thanks crash1sttime.
Bought a set from Canada as postage quoted was quicker (also better exchange rate). May have bought a spare bird with "burnt out" wifi so will try nand reflash that I've read about.
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj