Hello from the UK

Reaction score
Hello, fellow pilots

Just got a Phantom 3 Advance off the folks for Christmas, I had a quick fly with the beginners mode on, on Christmas day but did not get chance to fly the next day due to the windy weather. But today I have managed to have a good fly, I'm lucky that my house backs onto fields so I can fly from my own yard. I managed to grab a couple of photos too

First Flight
by Josh Savage, on Flickr

First Flight

First Flight

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Nice film but you need to be aware that in the CAA Drone Law your not allowed to fly within 150m of a contgested area or fly over a built up area.

thank you for the heads up I must have read the US law when it come to the does and don'ts

Welcome to the forum Sava .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

I just joined the model flying thing for the insurance alone. Until I get the commercial license its totally worth it. Thanks for the tip.

Hi Josh, I'm in sunny Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire. I have a phantom 4. Just had my first bump, very little damage thankfully, but I will be staying well clear of trees from now on, I don't think the obstacle avoidance sees them widen they've no leaves on. Love the photos.

Have fun, Gareth [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I'm sorry to be a pain again, lovely video but do check the rules and laws of flying close to buildings (Article 95 para c) See above in this post

Hi Josh, I'm in sunny Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire. I have a phantom 4. Just had my first bump, very little damage thankfully, but I will be staying well clear of trees from now on, I don't think the obstacle avoidance sees them widen they've no leaves on. Love the photos.

Have fun, Gareth [emoji846]

I work for a company who have their head office/factory in Cleckheaton.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Welcome along. I got my first drone just before Christmas. Just been sent this link which is quite good for restricted areas etc
Drone Assist | Dronesafe
I'm located in Kent, not sure how many other members are local to me

Welcome, have an Advanced myself and just in from a days flying. Slow and steady wins the race. Enjoy.

Sirachie P3A

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31