TAKING MY DRONE FROM UK to CANADA

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am booked to travel from Manchester UK to Winnipeg Canada. The flight is via Amsterdam and Toronto, the first two legs are operated by KLM and the last leg from Toronto to Winnipeg is operated by West Jet although everything is on one KLM ticket. I am planning to take my Phantom P3P in it's hard-shell rucksack carrier as hand luggage I have one spare battery also.

Am I likely to have any issues regarding the airlines or the border folks?

Hi All,

I am booked to travel from Manchester UK to Winnipeg Canada. The flight is via Amsterdam and Toronto, the first two legs are operated by KLM and the last leg from Toronto to Winnipeg is operated by West Jet although everything is on one KLM ticket. I am planning to take my Phantom P3P in it's hard-shell rucksack carrier as hand luggage I have one spare battery also.

Am I likely to have any issues regarding the airlines or the border folks?
No .. it should be no more tricky than taking a camera or laptop.
Just make sure that you don't pack any drone batteries in your checked luggage.
They must be in your carry-on luggage.

Reactions: Capt KO
Do you have a SFOC (special flight operations certificate) to fly your drone in Canada? Non residents require it and last I heard they were not approving any for non residents at the present time.

You might want to look into this before you come to Canada. Would be a big hassle to bring your drone here and find out you are not allowed to fly it.

Reactions: jeydee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic