Healthydrones becoming a subscription service?

I second this, please add and I'll likely sign up for Gold (at the current discounted price of course) :)
@schroeder1959 and @ScopeTech - full Paypal support will come in the future. In the meantime, if you are interested in paying for an annual plan via Paypal, please email [email protected] with the plan you want to subscribe to. We will then send you a manual, one time payment request via Paypal.

I have two drones, a P3S and a P3P. Can you shed some light on how that might be handled on the lite plan? Or, would I need to do the gold plan?
It depends: if you just want to view the flight reports under "FLIGHTS" (immediately under "MY LOGS"), then the Lite would work, as there are no drone limits there. If you want to also have access to the "BATTERIES" and "DRONES" sections (immediately under "MY LOGS") - then you would need the Gold (the limitations of drones/batteries are for these sections). I hope this helps.

i guess this sums up my comment the best (from the rules/guidelines of this forum):

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.
I think we all complain about DJI from time to time, I don't understand your logic. It would be nice of everyone was nice about their complaints, as well as factual, as some of you are often quite rude and vague about complaints, hiding behind a keyboard. I hope those of you with that attitude don't talk like that directly to people's face. I see lot of value in a forum providing input on products, good or bad reviews, suggestions, complaints, etc. That's what forums are for IMHO. Yelp is based on accurate reviews, suggestions, complaints, compliments, and they are thriving.

Reactions: AeroVisionz
This is somewhat disappointing. For myself, a casual user, from the beginning.. Would have preferred a donation option or a one time subscription. I am not a fan of a monthly payment especially since the basic code is done and maintenance work is not required to handle new uploaded files...

Thank you for stepping up.....:)
To the many who signed up with the older plans, you will get a refund or credit (depending on yearly vs. monthly plans) and your account will be assigned to the new plans automatically. Please allow a couple of days for us to move you, and you will soon get a detailed email about it.

This is somewhat disappointing. For myself, a casual user, from the beginning.. Would have preferred a donation option or a one time subscription. I am not a fan of a monthly payment especially since the basic code is done and maintenance work is not required to handle new uploaded files...

It's no secret that these type of situations end up where someone else creates a similar or even better option with continuing the free/no cost to our community.

It is somewhat sad that a community is used in the effort to create something that they in-turn have to end up paying for. I do not disagree with someone being compensated for their time and effort. Promoting is my forte, and there are MUCH better ways to go about generating a income! I sold a discussion forum the same size as this one at the end of 2011. It generated $90k a year and after 13yrs I sold it for $250k. It was 100% free to all visitors. At the end of the 1st year it had 1 million hits. When it sold, it had 3.4 million a day.

Back to fee's...
The number of unique visitors to a website is how you gauge it's health. When those visitor's become required to pay a fee, the visitor's will again move on. Yes, there will be those that are ok with the new arrangements. But that number will be nowhere close to the amount of user's are on the site now. And once they feel used they may never regain trust in what takes part on that website.

Because several of those user's come from here, which include myself, I would be open to sharing ideas with the man that with out a doubt will benefit all/everyone. If that is not something the man is interested in, then I might suggest at a minimum allow there to be a grandfather clause of some sort. Possibly let those that actually were beta testers and members of the google Heathydrones group be those that are the grandfather group. Everyone has their own vision. Hopefully the man will have interest in some big growth...

I would like to be grandfathered as I was a helpful and contributing member/tester from the beginning. That or royalties ;)

I would like to be grandfathered as I was a helpful and contributing member/tester from the beginning. That or royalties ;)

I'd like to be grandfathered in too, but I'd also like to contribute to a useful service. So I signed up for a year of Gold, a donation of about $60. I have no problem doing that and if I'm still using it in a year, would renew at that rate. I understand that this might be a bit more than the value some are getting from the service, but for me, it's fine.

I just noticed that the free version of healthy drones shows "no major deviations" under "power - battery cells" no matter what you upload.

I uploaded a flight where I had 0.101 v deviations in a cell (cell went yellow mid flight & I landed immediately)

I was trying to figure out what's going on because it had the worst deviation I had ever seen and have come to the conclusion that HD has removed this feature even when looking at individual flights. He should remove the "everything is all good" thing if it's not checking deviations of the free Verizon

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

@P3P Canada The deviation checks did not change and there are no differences between the free and paid plans. If you suspect an issue, please post a link to your flight on the site's forum or email it to [email protected] and we'll take a look. Sometimes the DJI GO app has false alerts that are not showing up in the log, which may have been the case here. You can also try to play this flight in DJI GO and see if you get any messages to confirm.

@P3P Canada The deviation checks did not change and there are no differences between the free and paid plans. If you suspect an issue, please post a link to your flight on the site's forum or email it to [email protected] and we'll take a look. Sometimes the DJI GO app has false alerts that are not showing up in the log, which may have been the case here. You can also try to play this flight in DJI GO and see if you get any messages to confirm.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I had 2 cells drop way out of balance during flight , brought it home immediately and landed it. Cell 1 was the main culprit and cell 4 also had deviations.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Approx 00:03:50 - 00:03:56 I had major deviations of 0.07 - 0.106

Cell one went yellow during that entire time cell 2 and 3 were green and cell 4 went yellow intermittently.

I plugged into my computer and uploaded straight to Healthy Drones expecting to see major deviations but it said all was good?
I must be missing something,

Phantom 3 Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Heathydrones is a great sight, looks great and a lot of hard work went into it. Personally though, I think the price point is around $20/year (not $44 and not $35)

I also can't see anyone buying Pro for $330/year. If nothing else, it should at least be unlimited uploads for that price.

Again, heathydrones is a great site and I'm hoping people do pay for the service. My view is that it's more of a novelty then really useful information. As such, I'd probably just let the old flights delete and keep the free service. I'd certainly pay $15-$20/year for the lite service.

Lastly, I think it might be a good idea for Eran to explain what some of the services are that are being sold on the upper price plans. I think knowing what you are paying for is something people want before they pay.

I agree that it is WAY over priced, but I did a 1 year subscription anyway. I thought it good to help the site get a start. But at that price I probably will look for a less expensive alternative in 2017. The price is way out of line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31