Healthydrones becoming a subscription service?

Msinger, glad you are taking on the project in addition to things said above and the ability to decode the DAT. File how about maintence emails for instance it's been 20 charge cycles on a battery time to deep cycle or if you sensors show readings that would indicate a need to recalibrate. This along with a link to the procedure for new folks. Maybe a notice when new firmware is available and what is the change in the firmware. Perhaps some automation for post crash analysis you up load the log and it recommends what may have gone wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can you give us some specific examples?
Whatever they're doing to calculate wind speed is weird.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Heathydrones is a great sight, looks great and a lot of hard work went into it. Personally though, I think the price point is around $20/year (not $44 and not $35)

I also can't see anyone buying Pro for $330/year. If nothing else, it should at least be unlimited uploads for that price.

Again, heathydrones is a great site and I'm hoping people do pay for the service. My view is that it's more of a novelty then really useful information. As such, I'd probably just let the old flights delete and keep the free service. I'd certainly pay $15-$20/year for the lite service.

Lastly, I think it might be a good idea for Eran to explain what some of the services are that are being sold on the upper price plans. I think knowing what you are paying for is something people want before they pay.

Agreed! $5 - 20 per year depending on features I would consider. $20 per month is offensive.

Reactions: Ted S
Well guys healthydrones increased the free to 60 flights and updated the other packages too definitely joining the HD 360 Gold this summer time.

Thanks all for the great feedback! it's wonderful to see how passionate everyone is about HealthyDrones. We hear you and we are listening. We have updated our free and paid plans to include significantly more flights, drones and batteries. Please check out the updated plans page for more information - HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Holy snap! I think their prices are a bit out of line.

I pay less than $30 for unlimited photos and HD videos. I am certainly not going to pay >$40 a year to host 150 tiny text files. Seriously way out of line. If $40 was the price point for the top plan, maybe. But daaaamn. I could see maybe $12 a year base. Not $40+.

Yeah healthydrones was great for free.. As a pay-ware, it is not good enough!

P3P W323B GL300C, APP V.2.5.1, AIRCRAFT V.1.6.40, RC V.1.5.70, AUTOPILOT V3.0A.

I agree

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Like many I saw value in HD when it first came out and was free. It was (and still is) IMHO original, innovative and forward thinking, and that's good in itself these days - at least enough to earn my admiration and support.

Coherently, I still I see good value in HD. Regardless of its limitations, because I also believe it will improve even further and reach higher levels with a better financial support Because that was their goal from the very beginning, and it still show in their efforts to improve and offer more. Yes it took a little while for them to organize things and start charging for the service, and that may have worked against them a bit now but... that's not up to me, so I'll do what I can and believe.

I own a drone company and found good use for the flight registers. Some clients like that and also see value in it. But even if I was using HD for pure curiosity and eventual checkout of my birds, I'd still support it because that first impression really stuck with me.

I mean, also it seem like you need to opt-in to get bills & sign a contract for a entire year to get the "discounted" $4/month, i would maybe try out a month or 2 but there is no way i am signing a contact for a year.

The prices from the lowest plan to the highest seem way out of line, i mean i know these guys put a lot of time into this, although keep in mind you will already have a very large customer base because you have 1000's of people already using your service, so why jack up the prices for the higher to lower grade plans, even with 1000 customers paying $10/month for the highest plan you will be raking in $10,000/month, this seems a bit exuberant to make the highest grade plan $30/month, & i can not imagine paying such a fee, even if i did have 8 drones in my possession.

Come on guys, look at your numbers you will be bringing in even offering a high grade plan of $10/month, couldn't we come down a little on the prices?

The price plan is a bit high. I like the service. From day one I have uploaded all my flights. I do find it very useful. I think the plan I would be interested in is the Gold plan. $100 a year is too much. I use the service to check and monitor my aircraft to prevent crashes... I think that money would be better spent investing in a maintenance plan. I can see no reason to pay $360 a year for the big plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCTideFan
We hear you and we are listening. We have updated our free and paid plans to include significantly more flights, drones and batteries.

Certainly makes the free plan more attractive... though I don't know if I see the point. It seems to be going in the wrong direction.

I think most people would rather support HD rather then getting more for free. I think the storage of 15 or even 30 flights would be fine for free (supported with ads). But there is then a price point for what the service is. It's somewhat of a luxury service. It's nice to be able to see of the information supplied but at the end of the day, it's just nice to see. So it really becomes, how much can someone feel good about paying to keep the service going. Personally I would not mind paying $15 out of my pocket to support the development of the service and get a slight upgrade.

Am I reading this correctly that wind reports and battery reports are being taken out of the free version and moving to the paid version? As a new owner I like HD, and would like to support them, but at $120/year it quickly becomes worth my time to write a script that emulates HD functionality.

Hi @skitchen8 , the regular battery health analysis, Battery Cell deviations, Efficiency/minutes per battery/miles per battery, temperature etc, which are all under the Power section of each flight, is for an unlimited amount of batteries. The quota outlined per plan is for the fairly new "BATTERY" section, right under "MY LOGS". This section includes various trend analysis, history per battery and will soon include maintenance information. This newer battery section will only be available under the Gold and Pro packages, whereas the Power section of each flight will be available for all plans. I hope this helps.

Reactions: skitchen8
Am I reading this correctly that wind reports and battery reports are being taken out of the free version and moving to the paid version? As a new owner I like HD, and would like to support them, but at $120/year it quickly becomes worth my time to write a script that emulates HD functionality.

Agreed. I would pay $50 a year max for the Gold service, but at the current price I might just take another route.

After the limits were increased I tried to talk myself into signing up for the $110/year plan. I only have a little over 200 flights uploaded so it would be a year before I would lose any data. I almost clicked.

But I've decided to stop recommending the site and will not sign up at that price even though I can easily afford it. The reason is that me signing up gives the wrong message. It says the price is OK and that I get that much value from the site.

Other than my phone and internet service which costs more, all my other subscriptions like Netflix, Pandora, web hosting, photo hosting, premium weather, etc cost less and give me more.

As I posted on the HD forum: 10 people @ $100 is nice but 100 people @ $20 is four times better: twice the revenue and twice the number of paying customers recommending the service to others and making recommendations for improvements.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl