HDMI cable for FPV causing WiFi interference?

Reaction score
Flying a P4, recently added HDMI board for FPV. When HDMI is in use I'm seeing higher levels of "Unstable" signals on the WiFi channels (HD settings screen) for image coming from the P4. If I disconnect the HDMI cable from the remote the WiFi channel signal quality goes back to normal. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, is normal. Is important you mount firmware 1.6 in your radio controller because 1.8 version make artifact and other video issue. In normal use the HDMI cable inserted is not defective for the Phantom 4 video range. I have video signal over 16.000 feet of distance in my HDMI Walkera FPS Goggle 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCP10
Yes, is normal. Is important you mount firmware 1.6 in your radio controller because 1.8 version make artifact and other video issue. In normal use the HDMI cable inserted is not defective for the Phantom 4 video range. I have video signal over 16.000 feet of distance in my HDMI Walkera FPS Goggle 3.
Would you clarify your distance, and tell us what you are using, and how high you are standing? I fully understand line of sight on a 2.4ghz frequency, but just wondering how you are getting this range. I just went 3200 feet using Skyreats (I was on a high berm in back of a high shool stadium) and want to know what my limit might be without compromising my aircraft.

Would you clarify your distance, and tell us what you are using, and how high you are standing? I fully understand line of sight on a 2.4ghz frequency, but just wondering how you are getting this range. I just went 3200 feet using Skyreats (I was on a high berm in back of a high shool stadium) and want to know what my limit might be without compromising my aircraft.

I use Skyreats Windsurfer and a GL300A Radio Controller (old version for Phantom 3 Pro/ADV) with a HDMI module and DJI Go 3.1.3 App version. The range was realized in countryside, beach or laguna ambients at 100-130 feet.

Last edited:
I use Skyreats Windsurfer and a GL300A Radio Controller (old version for Phantom 3 Pro/ADV) with a HDMI module and DJI Go 3.1.3 App version. The range was realized in countryside, beach or laguna ambients at 100-130 feet.
Impressive distance

Thanks for your reply.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94