Having to much fun with my P2V+

Great! Nice to take those bird side antennas outside!

What is that, an Argtek? And you have a windsurfer behind that? I actually thought about that but decided it wouldn't work. But like DB says, try anything!

That's a nice stand you got there... keep us posted...
I was using that panel on the controller when I went out a miles with high winds.

Great! Nice to take those bird side antennas outside!

What is that, an Argtek? And you have a windsurfer behind that? I actually thought about that but decided it wouldn't work. But like DB says, try anything!

That's a nice stand you got there... keep us posted...
I picked that argtek panel off of ebay. At first I was not to impressed so I opened it up and replaced the back plate with a larger one and then (I don't know if it helped) put the wind surfer on it.

Awright here is my P2V controller (actually a P2V+ controller and RE 700) which I just cleaned up yesterday. It includes amps, amp battery, and the original ITELITE panel. On DB's recommendation, I added an FPVLR bracket designed for the P3 but which worked for my P2V controller if I ground down (dremel) the bar slot a little. But I had to remove the RE from the bar which is just as well. Because of the way the bar is bent, I had a lot of room underneath to place the RE and the amp battery after I cut off the plastic bracket from the bottom of the RE. You might notice I used the stock mobile device holder bracket, actually two of them, as stands to lift the controller up and give more room underneath. I also cut off the metal screw hole extensions from both amps which made them more narrow and able to fit next to each other. All the lights I need to see, plugs I need to access, and buttons I need to press are easily visible and accessible.

View image: DCP 6978

View image: DCP 6979

View image: DCP 6980

View image: DCP 6982

View image: DCP 6984

View image: DCP 6987

My MaxxRange just came yesterday (recommended by DB) so that's the next thing I gotta figure out how to install. I'll use DB's advice again and put it on the FPVLR bracket with strong velcro (again advised by DB), and then I need to figure out the 5.8 antenna and where/how to mount it...

Yeah, DB had a little bit of influence with all this. Thanks DB!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: phxbird57
Hey Mark, that's a sweet *** set up! I wanted to comment that I like how you installed your panel using the Re: 700 stainless bracket and just bolted it on to the printed bracket! That was a smooth move and a trick I'm going to keep in mind. You should be able to just remove the little panel and wingnut the big panel right onto that set up, right? Oh by the way when I clicked on one of your links it showed one image of a very physically fit Asian man with oiled abs, and an image with piles of money! **** Mark, you're a dirtier bum than I am[emoji41]

You are freakin' me out DB!

Yeah it looks like those screw holes are exactly the same distance - I did notice that. I'd like to figure out a smooth way to put the original ITELITE on there for 5.8. I also have the 16 turn I need to experiment with. So much to do - so little time!

Here's something I just noticed:

My S/N on the original ITELITE is 1323.

My S/N on this MaxxRange is 4.

Haha

Reactions: dirtybum
Prototype! Hey did you see on the terminator versus Max thread, I got bored last night and popped open both panels so you can see the guts

Uh huh. Now the mods are goin' to be checkin' out that post and the pre-edits. :dizzy:

I think you need to clean out your cache, DB!

Yeah I did see what you did last night. I "liked" those posts too! You should get bored more often!

Reactions: dirtybum
Have adding 2 2.4ghz 14dbs panels to the lineup on my P2V+
IMG_20160521_130151756.jpg
and I'm playing around with a dipole wind surfer for the Tx. I have a DB series Antenna being sent to me on loan from Procharged97.
Today I tried the two panels Nick named "Desert Storm" and got ok reading. I'm going to try a different location.

willis west

After yesterdays set back. I think everyone got a good laugh from that if you had not hear my P2 decided to start making post holes. Here is the video. I'll warn you it gets dirty :cool:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It was back out today after some repairs. I was just testing the water to make sure everything was good 4 flights longest being just under a mile
willis west

Did you lose all your satellites on that one? It looks like you lost control or video feed and was in atti mode just drifting backwards with the breeze. I have a video of my P2vplus doing that and is the closest description you can get to a fly away. Most people think a fly away is where the bird just takes off wherever it wants to. But I've had enough experience to think that you actually lose video and or satellites and it just drifts off with the breeze and you never regain signal because you're not pointed in the right direction or it's going further away from you. Your video looks like the beginning of a "fly away"

Yes loss all GPS it was in RTH mode. I did not notice if it popped out of RTH and in to atti mode.
My buddy said it looked like it was coming in for a landing, Only if I had wheels on it. That same buddy had a fly away with a X380. Before we stepped into the phantoms. He's got it on you tube. He was flying around in the evening sun down. it just started fly on it's own. It was almost like it was on a way point.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah but it was drifting backwards that's why I assumed it wasn't in return to home mode it was drifting with the wind

I was using some $5 antenna today. i was chatting with Pro about them. Their 2.4/5.8 pcb printout . I had them on my P2 with the stock antenna on the controller side with a wind surfer and one of these I call them a blade antenna on my rx side I was able to go out a mile.
IMG_20160523_210725005.jpg
on the inside
IMG_20160523_220452382.jpg

I was not controlling it so I'm going to say it was. I know that some times when first starting it shows atti because of low number of satellites. then when it gets over 5 it which's to GPS. and I was think are they to land if it loss GPS and is not sure where home point is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers