having no luck with new update

Reaction score
In the process of trying to download new firmware. when I inserted the SD card into the gimbal I powered up the P3A. the normal sounds came up along with yellow flashing lights but just a solid green light on the gimbal. This has been like this for at least 20 mins . This is not how my last update responded, Any one else having this issue or does anyone know what is going on?/// Need help please

Are you certain the .bin file is in the root directory of the SD card (just the .bin, not the folder)? What does the resulting .txt log file on the SD card indicate?

Gonna need more information, SD card format, did you unzip the downloaded file into the root of SD card? That is about all you have to do.

I am having to recharge my battery , since it has gone at 50% and I do not want to risk it for my next attempt. I completely downloaded the new firmware and I noticed that this time it took longer to download the zip file. So maybe this will work. and thanks for all who have give me your input.
It means a lot when you get people trying to help.

Update could take 25mins +. It should be updating each esc in the process so it will take some time.

when I checked it was empty
If t is not generating a .txt file then it is not recognizing the .bin file. Even a failed upgrade will put an entry in the .txt file on the SD card. Reasons for not recognizing the .bin file might include:

1) .bin file not in the root directory--ensure the ,bin file is located in the SD card root directory. It should not be in a folder, and should not be compressed--should have the .bin extension.

2). Corrupt .bin file--try downloading it again.

3). Corrupt SD card file system. Try formatting the SD card.

4). Bad SD card. Try a new one.

The take away is that if the bird properly recognized the .bin file on the SD card, it would generate a .txt file with either success or abort messages.

You should have alternating red/green on the gimbal if anything is happening.
Is it definitely the right file i.e. not P3P?
lol yes I double checked myself to make sure I had the correct file for my Advance. But I did not have the flashing red or green light , only yellow flashing lights on the Quad itself. and solid green light on the gimbal

should also see the gimbal led flash green to red throughout the update. once solid green it is finished.

i had a problem where my result page came back with a bunch of "aborted" msgs. so i just reformatted the card. re-downloaded the new version and started over. it took a good 25mins to complete. but now is updated .. good luck on next try

Format the SDcard IN the P3 and try again. Then try an different card, also formatted in the P3

i got a question. I am updating as im typing this.
this copter itself updated without any problems. but the remote is not seeing the update at all. it just sits there and does nothing.
anyone else getting this? or does the remote not need an update this time?

i got a question. I am updating as im typing this.
this copter itself updated without any problems. but the remote is not seeing the update at all. it just sits there and does nothing.
anyone else getting this? or does the remote not need an update this time?

When I read the instructions they said there was no update for the controller this time.

Guys and Gals...

I just now finished my update on my P3P from the previous FW v 1.3.2.

'Couple of tips and observations:

In my initial haste I did not put the new (extracted) BIN file in the root directory. I placed it in the DCIM folder. The update did not start as evidenced by the camera LED remaining green and not blinking red / green.

Replaced the BIN file in the correct location and the update started immediately. My update took about 10 minutes, not nearly the 22 minutes that the previous update required. The update is complete when the camera LED stops blinking R/G and is steady green.

As with past FW updates the memory card will display a text folder with the message "success" if the update completed.

Next I updated my GO app (iOS) directly from the App Store app on my IPad Mini 3. Quick and easy there.

Connected my Mini to my controller and powered up my P3P (props off) and checked the "About" tab which confirmed the aircraft and app updates as 1.4.10 ans 2.2.0 respectively. No controller update.

Also checked to see if my batteries would update and there was no indication that the battery FW has been changed.

If you have done all the above successfully and are looking for the new flight modes you will need to turn on the multiple flight modes option and then toggle the FM switch to position one.

Tap the new icon that appears next to the GPS icon and be prepared to smile !

Enjoy.

:harry

Last edited:
YEEEES finally updating is doing its thing, Thank you all for your input and help. It is wonderful to have people come to your aid in this forum. Can not tell you what the actual remedy was but it is working now. Once again Thank You for your time and help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31