Haven't flown in a while

Reaction score
Hi -haven't been on here in a while. I used to be a pretty good helper a few years ago so now it's my time to seek help.

I haven't flown my P3A for about a year. A friend wanted some aerial shots for a house build application so off I went with the charged battery.

A few times before I had seen the 'take quiz' upon opening up the app - I was never able to take it due to a to recognised 800 connection error, but before it allowed me to exit and fly again as normal. However today, there was no exit option and I couldn't fly.

I hooked up the phantom at home and have been looking at the options - I have deleted the app, emptied the cache - all the usual steps, but nothing is working. I'm still getting this error message which won't allow me into the camera view unobstructed. Tried as much as I know.

Tried looking at the firmware - but I'm seeing this

App - version 3.1.65
Aircraft - version unknown
Remote Controller - version unknown
Basic FlySafe Database - Version 01.00.01.09

Should I just update the firmware? BTW, I'm one of those 'always use the latest version' type of guys. However, I'm no longer sure of the process!

Reactions: dirkclod
It’s been a while since I’ve answered that quiz. I thought it only allowed you to decline 3 times before You were forced to take it, because of the screen issue. Usually, once you take it, it’s gone. Don’t worry about updating the firmware. It won’t help you issue.

Is good to see you back @happydays .Boy you’ve missed some good
...well how shall I put it ?
Debates ?

• Haha
Reactions: happydays
Hi happydays, nice to meet you.
Don't do any firmware updates, they can lead to even more trouble and this quiz seems to be embedded in the Go App although I must say I've never seen it. Had my P3A since 2015 but then it seems to be only for US fliers.

This issue seems have been around forever, however here is aa apparent resolution from another forum. This guy was also getting the error 800........

"Success!!! I don't know if it was dumb luck or perseverance but I was finally able to take the stupid quiz test, this is what I did:
Initially I installed the Dji Go App on my iPad Mini 2 & when the Quiz popped up, I kept skipping it & then I completelly forgot about it, not long after that I installed the Dji Go App on my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone but I kept flying my Phantom 3 Advanced with my iPad Mini 2, eventually I decided to take the test but when I did, it kept giving me the same error message (Error: 800: questionnaire was not found).
I tried to take the test on both my iPad & my samsung phone but it didn't work, I tried a bunch of different things to get the quiz to work but everything failed, I then decided to reset all the Dji Go App settings on my iPad Mini 2, first I formatted the SD card, then I cleared all the cache's, then I reset the beginner guide (tutorial), then I signed out of the Dji Go App Account, then I uninstalled the Dji Go App from my iPad mini 2, I completly deleted it, then I turned my iPad & my Phantom off & disconnected my iPad from the remote controller, when I turned it back on again I did it with my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, as soon as I turned the phantom on & I innitialized the Dji Go App, the Quiz window popped up & I clicked "Start" and....... it worked!!! I took the stupid test & now everything is working fine."

Here is the full thread..... scroll down to post #46

Last edited:
Hi happydays, nice to meet you.
Don't do any firmware updates, they can lead to even more trouble and this quiz seems to be embedded in the Go App although I must say I've never seen it. Had my P3A since 2015 but then it seems to be only for US fliers.

Here is the full thread..... scroll down to post #46
Thanks - I saw that one and tried it, but still no success. BTW, I'm in Ireland so it is universal, not just for US chaps.

I have a workaround in thatI can use Litchi, but I prefer Go. Ah well...

There seem to be dozens of threads on the subject over several years and DJI just keep coming up with the same "our engineers are working on it "crap"! I guess once they've sold a product they are not really interested.
Not sure why I haven't seen it, must ask my Son as it was his drone originally.
Cheers, keep safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers