Has anyone used the Huawei Ascend XT2 Smartphone as a monitor for the P3P?

Reaction score
The above mentioned phone is a hot topic on the MavicPilots forum. I purchased one to use with my P3P but I am having great difficulty in making it hook up.
When I open the DJI GO app it will only recognize the Inspire in camera mode; I can only get learn how to hook up in the P3P selection.
Thank you for your help.

I have one working with both my P4 and Mavic without any problems, just to compare with the iOS devices that I normally use. Which app version are you using? 4.18 has known issues on that phone. 4.15 is recommended.

Reactions: sar104
@JamesVG, I was able to connect the Huawei Ascend XT2 to my P3P with DJI GO 3.1.23 (the current version).

Are you sure you're running DJI GO 3? If so, make sure you have your USB port setup like this:

Android-USB-Options-DJI-GO.jpg

If that does not fix the problem, then try using a different USB cable. Perhaps you're using a charge only cable.

@JamesVG, I was able to connect the Huawei Ascend XT2 to my P3P with DJI GO 3.1.23 (the current version).

Are you sure you're running DJI GO 3? If so, make sure you have your USB port setup like this:

View attachment 92086

If that does not fix the problem, then try using a different USB cable. Perhaps you're using a charge only cable.

I am using the DJI GO for theP3P and GO 4 for the Magic. You might have hit the nail on the head with the cable; the first cable I used I could get anything and I switched to the one that came with the phone and got the Inspire mode.
Thanks!

View attachment 92086

Thank you, the USB port selection made it work correctly.
The P3P and Mavic are both working now with the Huawei phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94