Has anyone panel lined their drone yet?

Reaction score
I see lines on the p3. Mine has already been fully painted, so it's kind of pointless to panel line it at this point, but it's still possible. Has anyone added black paint on the lines of the phantom 3 pro, or added their own design? How come people aren't customising their phantoms? Is it a warranty issue? It's a beautiful white canvas. Just some thoughts...

Reactions: P4 Phlyer
I see lines on the p3. Mine has already been fully painted, so it's kind of pointless to panel line it at this point, but it's still possible. Has anyone added black paint on the lines of the phantom 3 pro, or added their own design? How come people aren't customising their phantoms? Is it a warranty issue? It's a beautiful white canvas. Just some thoughts...

There are a number of drone decal sites that may interest yourself and others on the forum. Thinking of customizing my P4 to make it unique and possibly easier to see in the forest where I live. There is some wild stuff out there and DIY stuff for those like me that wouldn't be able to point the right end of a paint brush at any given target and expect anything other than a crap result.

Reactions: tml4191
There are a number of drone decal sites that may interest yourself and others on the forum. Thinking of customizing my P4 to make it unique and possibly easier to see in the forest where I live. There is some wild stuff out there and DIY stuff for those like me that wouldn't be able to point the right end of a paint brush at any given target and expect anything other than a crap result.
lol...you can do it. I wasn't talking about decals though. I know Dji has a program for customisation, but I was wondering if someone has legitimately painted them via airbrush, hand brush, and etc...

Reed's P3P.jpg

Lots of us have and the pics are all in an older post. I think it's check out our phantoms or something close. My wife did this with sharpies

Reactions: tml4191
I just posted about painting a drone. Then this popped up lol

Boy, wish l could say I lived in a forest. Where u live?

Boy, wish l could say I lived in a forest. Where u live?

My humble abode exists in approximately 100,000 hectares of forest in the south west of Western Australia. Live on a lake with the kangaroos, snakes, foxes and anything else that escaped urbanization. Drone filming opportunities everywhere and I can fly from the house and walk 10 metres to the beer fridge whilst I am changing batteries. Yep life sucks............

My humble abode exists in approximately 100,000 hectares of forest in the south west of Western Australia. Live on a lake with the kangaroos, snakes, foxes and anything else that escaped urbanization. Drone filming opportunities everywhere and I can fly from the house and walk 10 metres to the beer fridge whilst I am changing batteries. Yep life sucks............
Hopefully you can film some kangaroo boxing

View attachment 67717
Lots of us have and the pics are all in an older post. I think it's check out our phantoms or something close. My wife did this with sharpies

Hi Reed L.

I note that you have 'cup-covers' on each motor.

Is this to offer protection from damage, dust and thread damage?

Are these commercially available or have you adapted them yourself?

Thanks,

Pete.

Hi Reed L.

Thanks,

Pete.
You can get them from China via ebay for dirt cheap. I bought them mostly to "protect," but it's only useful if the phantom is out of its case. Debris can get into the motors and do damage, so these low cost solutions are the way to go.

The silicone one, which is the same one that I have, goes for a little more than a dollar.

phantom 3 motor cover | eBay

Hi Reed L.

Thanks,

Pete.
They came in a combined package with my UAV Bits Strong Arms and they keep the motors sealed pretty well. If you have your Phantom sitting on a shelf it looks good but in the case I don't know if they are really needed. But I have them and have been happy with them but when you open the case, one always gets stuck to the top and rolls around a bit.
Here's the links - https://www.amazon.com/UAV-Bits-Mot...rs=10603831011&ie=UTF8&qid=1477499890&sr=8-18

https://www.amazon.com/UAV-Bits-Str...srs=10603831011&ie=UTF8&qid=1477499874&sr=8-4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic