Has anyone here NOT crashed a drone?

Where do you live where there are canyons? I live in Illinois and it is flat but we have alot of rivers. My brother is moving to Arizona and will have alot to video.

I live in Safranbolu, Turkey and we have several canyon here.

I live in Safranbolu, Turkey and we have several canyon here.
I will look on Google Earth to find your town. I told you the information about myself because I thought you were from the USA. Thank you for your reply

Do you have any video of the canyons?

You can see one of them in my previous post. But the most beautiful one not filmed yet. Next week I’ll film a gorgeous and dangerous one. I’ll share it here if I won’t crash the drone :) I’m very new to drone filming thus my videos may not be so good. You can see two additional canyon videos below. I need to improve my piloting skills especially when drone goes into ATTI mode (for narrow canyons).

You can see one of them in my previous post. But the most beautiful one not filmed yet. Next week I’ll film a gorgeous and dangerous one. I’ll share it here if I won’t crash the drone :) I’m very new to drone filming thus my videos may not be so good. You can see two additional canyon videos below. I need to improve my piloting skills especially when drone goes into ATTI mode (for narrow canyons).

There is nothing wrong with your piloting skills my friend. Your videos are really good. I like the backwards filming, I have done that myself and I think it is very dramatic.

I've logged a couple hundred flights in the last eight months and had a few unfortunate incidents. Fortunately, no serious damage. One of the takeaways I learned from those experiences is this. It's not the fall that's your biggest worry. It's that sudden stop when your drone hits the ground that can really ruin your day.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
never crashed (knock on wood) seldom land unit prefer to hand catch. do a good preflight chk mode, sats locked and battery charge!

Great view! Hope i can film in that kind of place. Regarding the piloting, you have to practice. I'm still practicing precision flying. Take a look:

Great view! Hope i can film in that kind of place. Regarding the piloting, you have to practice. I'm still practicing precision flying. Take a look:

I watched this video. Very fine work. Great piloting. Congrats! What do you think about fallowing video? Do you see any progress?

I watched this video. Very fine work. Great piloting. Congrats! What do you think about fallowing video? Do you see any progress?

This is awesome. Do you fly in LOS? Great scenes here. Audio is familiar to me. Is it the "icarus"?

This is awesome. Do you fly in LOS? Great scenes here. Audio is familiar to me. Is it the "icarus"?

Yes, the aircraft was always in VLOS and ATTI mode was the only option to fly in this cave-like place.

Music:

I'm surprised you were able to maintain any kind of a signal that deep into the canyon.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the drone was in visual line of sight at all times. Thus, no communication issue between RC and the aircraft. In places where you don’t have GPS signal, ATTI mode is the only option to fly. In this flight the aircraft was in ATTI mode (no GPS, zero satellite). In addition, with active obstacle avoidance (OA) and vision positioning system (VPS) it is almost impossible to fly in this cave-like place. Thus I turned them off before the flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4