Has ANYONE got a P4P Plus thats working 100%

Reaction score
As you may have gathered I am sending my P4P Plus back due to numerous problems. I am very disappointed in its performance.

So before I buy another as a replacement I would simply like to know if there actually are good ones out there? Or has the P4P Plus been let down at the design and software stages?

Has anyone got a P4P Plus that works fine. Goes into and out of modes no problem? Does what its supposed to do whilst its in those modes. Tap Fly, Draw etc? Some one who has actually used these modes as advertised? I am curious.

I am particularly interested in P4P Plus owners.

Thanks!

Reactions: Mojoeito
1. They do not do exchanges.
2. If I were to exchange it and it goes wrong again they could just offer to repair it rather than give money back or replace.
3. If I get my money back. Then buy again I will be starting afresh.

I would still like to know though if ANYONE has had a P4P Plus that came without problems.

Mines been pretty solid.

Most of my issues are down to the Go app screwing up, either because of something glitch like or the cache ending up full.

If you're flying with a cell phone, put it on airplane mode perhaps, see if it persists.

Mine has been working well with the current firmware. I don't routinely use all of the intelligent flight modes though.

As you may have gathered I am sending my P4P Plus back due to numerous problems. I am very disappointed in its performance.

So before I buy another as a replacement I would simply like to know if there actually are good ones out there? Or has the P4P Plus been let down at the design and software stages?

Has anyone got a P4P Plus that works fine. Goes into and out of modes no problem? Does what its supposed to do whilst its in those modes. Tap Fly, Draw etc? Some one who has actually used these modes as advertised? I am curious.

I am particularly interested in P4P Plus owners.

Thanks!
I have the same problem. Turning off recording before changing modes mostly helps.

I don't need to be told there's wind.
Perhaps you don't, until the day when your drone will fly happily with one way ticket. It is common to observe strong winds 100' above ground when there's perfectly still around you. When you receive such "annoying" warnings, do simple experiment: elevate your P4P to a desired height directly above, let the sticks go, switch to Atti mode and see what's happening. This several seconds long test will let you estimate allowance for safe return.

Perhaps you don't, until the day when your drone will fly happily with one way ticket. It is common to observe strong winds 100' above ground when there's perfectly still around you. When you receive such "annoying" warnings, do simple experiment: elevate your P4P to a desired height directly above, let the sticks go, switch to Atti mode and see what's happening. This several seconds long test will let you estimate allowance for safe return.

Yes but you get the constant wind warnings even when there isn't any wind, it's a pain in the arse!

Reactions: ericBEE
The problem with the Wind warning is that it blocks the image view. It should be something else, like a slowly pulsing top bar. Something that does not block the view.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Intelligent flight modes lock up the app constantly. I have to land and reboot. Every time. I was hoping to see if an app/firmware update for the P4P+ solved any of these issues. I would have thought it would have come out with all the other GO 4 updates just released.

I don't believe there is a high tech product sold today that perfectly performs the tasks it was designed to do, particularly any product that uses software to interface with consumers of that product. There are always bugs and different opinions on whether software is functioning correctly. The Phantom 4 is just a computer that also flies in the sky and can take pictures and just like Windows, there will always be "issues" with the way it does those things.

I have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus - the RTH function is bullet proof, it flies when I want it to, it lands when I want it to and it goes from A - B whenever I want it to. As a bonus, it has a few functions like active track, POI etc, some work some don't. I'm happy.

Reactions: NHABD and uke
Intelligent flight modes lock up the app constantly. I have to land and reboot. Every time. I was hoping to see if an app/firmware update for the P4P+ solved any of these issues. I would have thought it would have come out with all the other GO 4 updates just released.

This is the main reason I've not upgraded from my P3p. I shoot real Estate & schools. Mostly I'm a still shooter- but clients often want video footage too. The POI and Course lock are really useful to me.
But if the Go software locks up each time you use them it would be a serious pain and waste of time. Not to mention higher chance of losing the drone.
If and when I get the P4P I assume I'd also use Tap Fly too. These are serious glitches that make me leery of upgrading.

I get more information from hovering 20 seconds in ATTI. I get wind speed and wind direction, and the data is accurate. I don't need DJI telling me if it's windy.

Often I'll get a wind warning and when tested in ATTI, it's 5mph, which is nothing to worry about. Because of that I deem this warning system worthless.

I just wish DJI would allow this warning to be turned off. Experienced pilots pay no attention to it because it's so inaccurate. Newbies panic out of ignorance and land out of fear. It's simply ANNOYING!

Last edited:
Had my pro+ since Boxing Day, use it nearly every day only had couple silly problems that I sorted myself, been very happy with the kit I'd only get aspire if I was upgrading the camera as use a dji osmo+
The pro+ is as good as anything twice the money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20