Has ANYONE got a P4P Plus thats working 100%

I don't believe there is a high tech product sold today that perfectly performs the tasks it was designed to do, particularly any product that uses software to interface with consumers of that product. There are always bugs and different opinions on whether software is functioning correctly. The Phantom 4 is just a computer that also flies in the sky and can take pictures and just like Windows, there will always be "issues" with the way it does those things.

I have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus - the RTH function is bullet proof, it flies when I want it to, it lands when I want it to and it goes from A - B whenever I want it to. As a bonus, it has a few functions like active track, POI etc, some work some don't. I'm happy.
I would not be able to articulate this thought better ...

Yes but you get the constant wind warnings even when there isn't any wind, it's a pain in the arse!
I may agree that the wind sensing is a bit too touchy at this moment of firmware ironing, but how do you know that "there isn't any wind"? Read my post again, please ...

I get more information from hovering 20 seconds in ATTI. I get wind speed and wind direction, and the data is accurate. I don't need DJI telling me if it's windy.

Often I'll get a wind warning and when tested in ATTI, it's 5mph, which is nothing to worry about. Because if that I deem this warning system worthless.

I just wish DJI would allow this warning to be turned off. Experienced pilots pay no attention to it because it's so inaccurate. Newbies panic out of ignorance and land out of fear. It's simply ANNOYING!
Agree to a degree :) ... It's definitely too sensitive and annoying for seasoned pilots like us, but for thousands newbies out there it is something to be aware of. Hence the purpose of "warning". Perhaps they'll tune it to provide more reliable readings and maybe even install switch off for you :) ...

No mechanical problems. Minor things that seem more related to software bugs in the app. And I'll second the previous changing of flight modes comment. I was having trouble, but I think I was also unintentionally still rolling the video recording while trying to switch. Some modes also require a certain amount of free space for collision avoidance, and some require a battery over 50% changed or they won't run.

My P4P+ is operating just fine and I have not experienced any problems in all it's advertised functions. Very happy!

After three trip to best buy, mine is finally working as advertised. LOL! They were so sick of me that they came up with a restocking policy for drones.

Agree to a degree :) ... It's definitely too sensitive and annoying for seasoned pilots like us, but for thousands newbies out there it is something to be aware of. Hence the purpose of "warning". Perhaps they'll tune it to provide more reliable readings and maybe even install switch off for you :) ...
Yes, if they can't get to work reasonably well, soon! It won't take newbies very long to learn to ignore it also. What good is a wind warning if you assume is always wrong?

Last edited:
I have had my P4P+ for couple months now and I haven't had any issues.

I don't use the extra features since I'm still learning. So far so good fingers crossed [emoji6]

I like my 4pro plus. No big issues. Love to see all on screen when sun is shining.
But the wind warning by light wind is rubbish....and often when I get in full speed in p mode the gimbal give up work. I hope they fix it with software.

I came back to DJI from typhoon h (with 1 year horrible problems and 6replacements). The gimbal there never had a problem !

Now I have a good DJI Copter with good cam... but the gimbal jumps when going a little faster

Attachments

• IMG_0023.PNG
    IMG_0023.PNG
    4.8 MB · Views: 332
Reactions: yo-dude
Has anyone got a P4P Plus that works fine. Goes into and out of modes no problem? Does what its supposed to do whilst its in those modes. Tap Fly, Draw etc? Some one who has actually used these modes as advertised? I am curious.

I am particularly interested in P4P Plus owners.

I have a P4P and have no issues. Yes, it's not the + so there lurks the possibility that you've got issues on the control end.

Caveats: due to locations I use, high range tests are not practical. Longest distance about 1.3 km and I get signal issues. But given the clutter in the launch area, no surprise. I rarely fly more than 500m now (esp. because of the Canadian rules).

I've used many of the automated modes such as Point-of-interest, Active Track, Tap to fly, Trace, Spotlight, Profile etc. with no operating issues (other than most not being very useful to me).

One thing caught me unaware in bad glare: I mistakenly entered a new and low RTH value where I thought it was the POI height. Later on when I tested RTH I was dismayed to see the drone very low on RTH! Caught that on time, and much more careful with entering settings.

The drone itself has stellar flying characteristics and is very responsive to both controls and gusts/turbulence.

One thing caught me unaware in bad glare: I mistakenly entered a new and low RTH value where I thought it was the POI height. Later on when I tested RTH I was dismayed to see the drone very low on RTH! Caught that on time, and much more careful with entering settings.
That's a good point! I have learned this same lesson early on to check all settings AFTER you make the change to insure they changed. With the Go4 app on an iPad, after you key in the number change for any setting, if you don't click the DONE key in the iPad keypad, the change won't remain what you've keyed in. It will revert to the previous setting if you don't click DONE. You cannot simply key in numbers and then exit out of the screen, that doesn't work. YOU MUST CLICK DONE after each change before you exit out of the settings screen. Many newbies will make this mistake and not realize their changes didn't change at all!

I'm unsure about how the Android Go4 app works in that regard.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
That's a good point! I have learned this same lesson early on to check all settings AFTER you make the change to insure they changed. With the Go4 app on an iPad, after you key in the number change for any setting, if you don't click the DONE key in the iPad keypad, the change won't remain what you've keyed in.

It's wasn't about not completing an entry, it was about entering a value that I thought had one purpose (POI height) when it was really changing the RTH height. And it entered and stuck and was a low value. And it was one of those flights where I decided to test out the RTH as I do from time to time...

It's wasn't about not completing an entry, it was about entering a value that I thought had one purpose (POI height) when it was really changing the RTH height. And it entered and stuck and was a low value. And it was one of those flights where I decided to test out the RTH as I do from time to time...
Oh, OK. At first it sounded like you didn't go back and double check what you just changed to insure it stuck. You simply had a misunderstanding of the words in the app. Got it.

The only time I've had a problem with my P4P+ is when I didn't realize the Kp (geomagnetic storm) was at 5. Then I nearly lost it because of how crazy it started flying. Managed to land safely. Now I never fly if Kp is > 4. I've used a few of the flight settings such as POI and Tap and Fly. No issues.

The only time I've had a problem with my P4P+ is when I didn't realize the Kp (geomagnetic storm) was at 5. Then I nearly lost it because of how crazy it started flying. Managed to land safely. Now I never fly if Kp is > 4. I've used a few of the flight settings such as POI and Tap and Fly. No issues.

Where do you get the info on the Kp status?

Yep had mine since Jan this year, and it has been faultless with both dji go4 and litchi. Couldnt be happier

Got my Plus in December. Works great, no issues.

Everyone has the WIND WARNING problem. It's so annoying. I hope DJI allows it to be turned off someday. I don't need to be told there's wind.

I don't. I do have constant non-level horizon issues though.

What were the symptoms? Mag compass issues? GPS? Both? Other?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT